Romans were the original colonizers.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What are you talking about? In the UK, we learn about this stuff in primary school (age 4-11).

I was speaking to an American last week about their history books. Dude said they didn't learn about Rosa Parks and barely learned anything about WW1 or Vietnam. Said they learned nothing about the motivations behind these events.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
You were taught that white folks saw other white folks as intellectually inferior and barbaric?

I had to find that out on my own... young boy was out here thinking they were all united and shyt in school. The picture they paint for us is really far from reality

the word barbarian came from the Greeks. They thought all the Germanic languages sounded like “bar bar bar”

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Speak for yourself, bruh

:francis:

They told you this, this detailed, in US primary school, breh?
In spreading their empire, the Romans also aimed to transform those perceived as barbarians into complacent subjects. Tacitus outlines this process in his biography of his father-in-law, Agricola, who served as governor of Britain from 77-84 CE. Agricola urged the Britons to build temples, public spaces and homes, thereby making a people formerly ‘scattered and barbarous and therefore inclined to war’ accustomed ‘to rest and repose through the charms of luxury’. The Britons also learned to desire the eloquence of Latin, to wear the toga, and to receive Roman citizenship, but were drawn to the vices of the bath and fine dining. Tacitus concludes that this acculturation was part of their servitude.

Or even in secondary? :stopitslime:

Daps
Greeks and Phoenicians were doing it even before the Romans were.

And the akaemenid persians and the assyrians and prolly a whole bunch of peoples going back to the stone age

I dont think there was a single people in human history up to modern times that werent going out there conquering everything they could once they got big enough. The Assyrians were famous for just how nasty they were when they conquered people or squashed rebellions