Roman Reigns = Bust

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
In spite of what the company may think, the amount of times you won a heavyweight title doesn’t make you special. I can’t recall more than 3-4 Orton runs and the most, and one was him being handed the belt only to lose it minutes later. I can’t recall more than 4-6 memorable things happening the entire time Cena held a title too. Jack swagger got one. Del rio got what, 3-4 title runs and nothing memorable about them at all. It’s actually doing memorable things and making a real impact that makes a run good.
Hell, I don't remember any of Edge's reigns tbh besides cashing in at NYR. I remember him holding the WHC too obviously but not in complete detail like we should recall when guys win the big titles:manny:.

Basically what you said, dudes now be 15 time champions but can barely recall 3 of their title reigns :mjlol:

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
acknowledge-me-roman-reigns.gif

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Not seeing the potential in this guy others are seeing.
He reminds me of Diesel-era Kevin Nash.
They'll put the title on him based on his look and then realize he can't work or draw money and he'll be a bust

They're gonna push him to the moon, but they need to make sure not to do it before he's ready. His singles matches so far have all been underwhelming.

Hes a bland fakkit who cant talk. How can you possibly talk shyt about orton and then rock with roman?

259e3f28a84a8e981b3d19bdd351f063636daa98.gif

bd2eac26a622e2f75564f6330571cc129240f6a5.gifv

af0f0e21228603bf95cb0f4442a320ac7f263da4.gif

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
A lot of us were wrong about Roman lol

I was never vocal about it because it wasn’t that deep to me but I definitely ain’t fukk with dude early on neither

:yeshrug:

This thread is really a testament to the average wrestling fan though. Obnoxiously loud and rarely right in the long run. Sometimes you really should practice shutting up and just enjoy the ride

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
A lot of us were wrong about Roman lol

I was never vocal about it but I definitely ain’t fukk with dude early on either

:yeshrug:

This thread is really a testament to the average wrestling fan though. Obnoxiously loud and rarely right in the long run

Nah y’all wasn’t wrong about Roman

He was legitimately not that good, particularly on the mic and was extremely overpushed. Nobody could’ve predicted that this would be the Roman we would end up getting. To his credit though, he worked hard to be in the position he’s in today.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS

He was legitimately not that good, particularly on the mic and was extremely overpushed. Nobody could’ve predicted that this would be the Roman we would end up getting. To his credit though, he worked hard to be in the position he’s in today.
While this is true, booking did him no favors either. I just hated how people tried to force the "he can't wrestle" narrative.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Oh nah he could wrestle, the 1st Brock match and the AJ Styles feud was proof of that
I also remember how a ton of wrestlers would praise Roman's talent and folks on here tried to say Cokeboy made them say it.
:mjlol:
Roman Reigns was the reason Braun Strowman became a main eventer as well. He's also one of the few to get good matches outta Bray Wyatt.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
While this is true, booking did him no favors either. I just hated how people tried to force the "he can't wrestle" narrative.

It was clearly booking that did him no favors.

I for one kept saying they should have pushed him ala Batista instead of Cena.

Thankfully they rectified it with the heel turn.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps

The thing is we didn’t really give him a fair shot

Roman was never this horrible wrestler we pretended he was. What happened is we felt he was taking a spot we wanted our favorites to be in so we rebelled. I’m okay with admitting that. Punk saying the silent part out loud on Cabana’s podcast only made it worse for homie. I can personally admit that I rejected him specifically because WWE had handpicked him to be that guy, and put him over guys we were organically behind.

It had less to do with him and more to do with WWE forcing him ahead of my favorites.

This is all personally speaking for me though. They were making the same mistake with Theory at one point. We can sniff out a manufactured push from a mile away, especially when something isn’t organically sticking and you force it anyway.