Rolling Stone saying that Craig Mack died of aids

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
yeah crazy:mjcry:

props to Gene Deal tho for telling Art in that interview someone posted that he knew but kept it in house

He didn't know.

He thinks mack had it in the bad boy days because of the craters on his face.

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
Bottom of the barrel journalism from a dying publication that's desperate to hang on

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Its a cautionary tale. It does paint a negative picture of Mack - that he was in denial about his illness and made his kids suffer as a result.

I think Puff preyed on the weak and people with mental health issues. He probably treated BIG a little better, cos BIG was capable of more. Pretty much all the other artists had no clue about business and had nowhere else to go.

Maybe The LOX survived, but Puff probably wasn't making as much money off them and didn't want the bad publicity at the time. He steamrolled everyone else.

Biggie signed away his publishing. The only reason we perceive them to be "brothers" with a great friendship is because Biggie died before publicly facing the issues that everyone else had. This is in no way meant as disrespect to one of the greatest rappers ever, but if he had lived he'd be broke and complaining by 2002 or so.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Biggie signed away his publishing. The only reason we perceive them to be "brothers" with a great friendship is because Biggie died before publicly facing the issues that everyone else had. This is in no way meant as disrespect to one of the greatest rappers ever, but if he had lived he'd be broke and complaining by 2002 or so.
i dont think big would have been broke...big was a quick study with business...he already had his own thing with junior mafia...that was separate from the bad boy stuff...puff was intimidated by un lol

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps

There have been rumors that he was trying to get off Bad Boy in 97. But yeah he was bigger than the label, and he didn't need Puff by that point, he would have had his own label if he had lived.

The first Craig Mack album is actually dope. Not classic other than the few tracks but its got replay value.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried to treat Prince dying of Aids as a rumor, but it all makes sense given how his skin looked, his "finding God" albums, and crazy weight lost *I know he was skinny, but dude was damn near a skeleton*.

Why is it anytime someone is ill and loses weight people immediately jump to them having AIDS?

Y'all did that with Chadwick and it was cancer. There's hundreds of illnesses that could cause weight loss but most of them could be genetic or just bad luck. Saying it's AIDS implies the person was reckless in their sexual life, a drug user, or they were gay. They're celebrities so people want to let their imagination run wild and think doing some wild shyt at a Hollywood party is the culprit.

Stop gossiping about people's health.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Why is it anytime someone is ill and loses weight people immediately jump to them having AIDS?

Y'all did that with Chadwick and it was cancer. There's hundreds of illnesses that could cause weight loss but most of them could be genetic or just bad luck. Saying it's AIDS implies the person was reckless in their sexual life, a drug user, or they were gay. They're celebrities so people want to let their imagination run wild and think doing some wild shyt at a Hollywood party is the culprit.

Stop gossiping about people's health.

:hubie:I didn't say anything related to Chadwicks death so my names not in on that argument.

:hubie:The rumors been around for ages, even since I was a young Joey

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
There have been rumors that he was trying to get off Bad Boy in 97. But yeah he was bigger than the label, and he didn't need Puff by that point, he would have had his own label if he had lived.

Biggie was NOT bigger than the label. He only sold 2 million albums when he was alive and that was because of songs that puff made him do. Plus, by the time biggie died, the label was already riding mase's wave.

Man Puff wanted him to change for the second album and Craig didn't which is going to cause normal business issues, but this story glosses over how EPMD use to treat him which was bad

What did EPMD do?

People definitely gloss over his stint with Eric B.