Rollerdrome - Futuristic Skater-Shooter from Roll7 (OlliOlli World) - PS5/PS4/Steam - August 16

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Glowing preview from Eurogamer:

Here is the thing, then. You are dropped into each Rollerdrome map to zip around and kill everybody inside. You do this with a range of weapons, each of which have their own quirks to master. But there are two steel-reinforced threads running through the game and they bind everything together and never change. One: you can only regain health by killing baddies. Two: you can only regain ammo by pulling off tricks.

Just think about that for a second. Even on paper, think about what it does for risk and reward and what it does for - that word again, always very important with Roll7 - expressiveness. You're low on health and the baddies are all around: you have no choice but to commit to something dangerous. You're low on ammo and sniper beams are trained on you: you have no choice but to commit to something stylish.

If you haven't already guessed, Rollerdrome is brilliant. It reminds me of OlliOlli, sure, as I race around pulling off grabs and twists and wall-runs and scribbling a loose, looping penstroke through the world. But it reminds me of Robotron, too, as I find space for myself to survive in this arena, and learn to take down a bunch of baddies who all have their own gimmicks.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
$20!?

Day 1 for me, I’m not even gonna bother with the trial. No doubt the OlliOlli devs will deliver.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
really huge praise from Kinda Funny, saying that the gameplay loop is so fun they already thinking about how to get the plat