Roland Martin keeps it a buck on MSNBC: "I can't trust white women not to vote for Trump"

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not all that. I hate that the Biden campaign capitulated and made a black woman the VP choice to satisfy black folks, because white folks racism knows no bounds. And if the coli is any indicator, most black ppl mad about it too. I would have rathered he pick a white woman as VP and put a black woman on the Supreme Court. But we shall see.

This would have been a better strategy imo

Black women gonna show out in big numbers for democrats regardless of who is on the ticket

I don't know a single black man IRL excited about Kamala

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's a little depressing seeing Roland as a guest on one of these shows. The man is a beast communicator and is deserving of his own show on cable news. Hopefully, an African American being back in the WH with Kamala will lead to him getting more opportunities.
Would be nice to see Roland moderate the next debate.

Daps
Not all that. I hate that the Biden campaign capitulated and made a black woman the VP choice to satisfy black folks, because white folks racism knows no bounds. And if the coli is any indicator, most black ppl mad about it too. I would have rathered he pick a white woman as VP and put a black woman on the Supreme Court. But we shall see.

Obama was smart. He knew he had to choose a white man.

:manny:

Democrats don’t realize these pandering moves don’t get results.

If white women didn’t vote for a white woman, why the hell would they vote for a non white woman, especially with a white husband.

Daps
This would have been a better strategy imo

Black women gonna show out in big numbers for democrats regardless of who is on the ticket

I don't know a single black man IRL excited about Kamala

Obama was smart. He knew he had to choose a white man.

:manny:

Democrats don’t realize these pandering moves don’t get results.

If white women didn’t vote for a white woman, why the hell would they vote for a non white woman, especially with a white husband.

But in their defense they was getting so much pressure from black ppl, mostly black women but I saw a lot of dudes pressuring them too.

So it was really a catch 22. If they didn't pick a black woman, then half of black ppl would be mad as hell at them.

Now that they have picked a black woman, the other half of black ppl are mad at them.

It's a catch 22. But what they should have done was just ignore black ppl on this issue and just pick the vp around what white folks wanted.

But some black folks would probably call me a c00n for saying this. But I believe that would have been the winning strategy.

Daps
But in their defense they was getting so much pressure from black ppl, mostly black women but I saw a lot of dudes pressuring them too.

So it was really a catch 22. If they didn't pick a black woman, then half of black ppl would be mad as hell at them.

Now that they have picked a black woman, the other half of black ppl are mad at them.

It's a catch 22. But what they should have done was just ignore black ppl on this issue and just pick the vp around what white folks wanted.

But some black folks would probably call me a c00n for saying this. But I believe that would have been the winning strategy.

That’s what people don’t understand about this election. This election should be strictly on getting Trump out. This is not the revolution election. People want to vote on emotions, not strategy, meanwhile, republicans show up no matter who is on the ballot, and vote their people in.

Biden’s slogan should have been,

“I’m not Donald Trump.”

Joe Biden: “I approve this message.

Daps
Yep but clear cut tangibles for black ppl would have immediately lost the white vote. Immediately.

Exactly. Even if every single black voter voted, we don’t have the numbers, because white people still need to vote in order for someone to win. We need to focus on our local elections where we have the numbers.

Daps
That’s what people don’t understand about this election. This election should be strictly on getting Trump out. This is not the revolution election. People want to vote on emotions, not strategy, meanwhile, republicans show up no matter who is on the ballot, and vote their people in.

Biden’s slogan should have been,

“I’m not Donald Trump.”

Joe Biden: “I approve this message.

Then you get the dumb folks that say that "not being Donald Trump isn't enough" :angry:

While I'm sitting here like, yes it is. :mjtf:

Daps
Exactly. Even if every single black voter voted, we don’t have the numbers, because white people still need to vote in order for someone to win. We need to focus on our local elections where we have the numbers.

Plus folks still don't seem to realize that reparations for black ppl isn't gonna be an issue that a president is gonna magically adopt and make happen.

There has to be support for this across the electorate and across the congress of the United States (who will be the actual ones who determine the amount, and will create the bill and give it to the president to ultimately sign).

But folks don't understand politics. They think a president can just magically ram through an initiative that the American ppl overwhelmingly dont support.

Just our 13% of the population is not enough to make a president want to take the chance of picking up our issue and running with it.

Folks don't want to hear this but there will have to be support among white Americans for reparations to pass. And right now that support isn't even there. At all. Not even a little bit.