Roland Martin just broke down black media and the TV business on the heels of the failed Paramount sale of BET

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The thing is if you buy BET it's looked at as an investment. BET no longer has the airing rights to a lot of its classic shows but there is a hunger and an audience for more Black content and Black women in theit 20's-40s are a rising cash cow so while the BET brand isn't what it was say 20 years ago with smart leadership and a plan for programming you have something of an open slate once this writer's strike shakes out.

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I still feel like the BET brand is done. it's associated with trash to the younger demos and calling it the _ of black culture is so insulting it makes me pissed.
Wild Crazy take but they might combine BET and VH1 in one thing once BET contracts are up
pay close attention to what Lionsgate will do to Starz too since they have some similarities here

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He makes fun of Tyler and puff for buying a majority stake that was equal to the total value twenty years ago.

On Roland's eyes, BET has depreciated since then, and not worth that much due to cord cutting.

In my opinion, Paramount wanted to hear a dollar value for BET. How much is BET worth to black ppl. They never intended on selling it.

BET+ caters black women 25-45. I don't see how that is a viable demographic. I would live for someone to tell me different.
:gucci: