Rockets getting Slept on

Ben.

Heisenbrook
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL
The Rockets have been one of the top-seeded teams for the last half a decade, with WCF and WCSF appearances, and they've just added Westbrook to their roster. How the fukk did you come to the conclusion that they're being slept on and that nobody is talking about them? How the fukk would people be surprised if they're one of the top-seeds, again, with an arguably improved roster?

Don't answer those, they're rhetorical.

The [many] problems I see with them is, while they might have enough offensive versatility and firepower to keep them in games, their defence is probably going to be more vulnerable than ever: Harden and Westbrook have far too many defensive bad habits, Gordon is undersized and can't guard all types of 3s, and their defensive lynchpin in Tucker is entering his mid-30s with a lot of mileage over the last couple of years.

I can't envisage any scenario where this team is constantly making defensive stops in the postseason to do anything of note.
:wow:

Long Live The Mamba

I make sh*t shake up in broad day
Daps
Reppin
South Eberhart
2nd best roster in the league. 2 MVP's, shooters for days. They got more shooters than golden state now. They can switch up the pace dramatically whether it's with Westbrook's frantic fast paced offense and transition game or Hardens slow isolation style.

Rockets have wayyy too many weapons to work with. Noones mentioning them because of the Lakers with no depth and the clippers, which really dont have a great front court but are going to be really good.

If they're not in your top 3 you fooling yourself and gonna be surprised when they're a top seed, probably 1st seed since lebron and Kawhi dont care about reg season
xShB_5.gif

xShB_5.gif

xShB_5.gif

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
2nd best roster in the league. 2 MVP's, shooters for days. They got more shooters than golden state now. They can switch up the pace dramatically whether it's with Westbrook's frantic fast paced offense and transition game or Hardens slow isolation style.

Rockets have wayyy too many weapons to work with. Noones mentioning them because of the Lakers with no depth and the clippers, which really dont have a great front court but are going to be really good.

If they're not in your top 3 you fooling yourself and gonna be surprised when they're a top seed, probably 1st seed since lebron and Kawhi dont care about reg season
goddamn u got everything wrong

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I mean......on paper we now have a decent squad after signing Peg Leg Boogie :manny:

If we run it back with this roster we can at least win 2 games in the semi round this season :unimpressed:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Boogie is gonna be slow as fukk. In the ‘19 finals, Kyle Lowry was PnR’ing him to death

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Boogie is gonna be slow as fukk. In the ‘19 finals, Kyle Lowry was PnR’ing him to death

Contrasting argument, Boogie wasn't even 80% and put up 16-8-3 as a 4th offensive option in GS

If he's 90%, I can see him being a 15-10-3 player in his sleep

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Contrasting argument, Boogie wasn't even 80% and put up 16-8-3 as a 4th offensive option in GS

If he's 90%, I can see him being a 15-10-3 player in his sleep
Sure. I think he will score just fine, But a lot depends on how much Harden and Westbrook can share the ball

but again, it’s the defense that people gotta pay attention to.

when GSW had boogie, it was a common theme for them to get off to slow starts. A lot of it was because boogie was slow and didn’t guard the pick and roll, and ofc rust from not playing NBA ball in a year.

that same year Kevon Looney was excellent for them because he was a little faster and always seemed to make the correct basketball move

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Sure. I think he will score just fine, But a lot depends on how much Harden and Westbrook can share the ball

but again, it’s the defense that people gotta pay attention to.

when GSW had boogie, it was a common theme for them to get off to slow starts. A lot of it was because boogie was slow and didn’t guard the pick and roll, and ofc rust from not playing NBA ball in a year.

that same year Kevon Looney was excellent for them because he was a little faster and always seemed to make the correct basketball move
Rockets I think were the #1 rated defense in the bubble (or I think 4th qtr close out D?*) in the playoffs last season. They would put on serious clamps on a lot of teams last season late in games.