Robinhood App Now Offering Checkings and Savings Accounts [NVM, Offer Pulled]

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Robinhood checking and savings products are not insured, SIPC says
The money isn't insured by anyone. SIPC who Robinhood claims the money was insured by said if the account isn't for securities they won't insure the account. It's not FDIC insured either. My Discover account pays about 2% and is FDIC insured. I'll stick with that.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Anybody arguing a 3% annual return on their savings is a fukking retard. No bank or financial institiute is topping that atm.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do your research brehs. 3% is good but Robinhood isn't insured by the SIPC like it claims to be. There are also banks offering ~2-2.4% that are FDIC insured. 3% is great but this isn't a bank.

and lol @ homey in here commenting like he fundamentally doesn't understand the concept of a checking or savings account.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Anybody arguing a 3% annual return on their savings is a fukking retard. No bank or financial institiute is topping that atm.
I'd argue that your money parked in a bank account that offers zero protection if the account issuer folds isn't worth an extra 1-1.5% interest on your money. 3% isn't that high a number given the risk. Ally gives you 2% currently and is FDIC insured.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I dont know? 1000 square feet? you tell us? Is the deed even in your name or your wifes name :jbhmm:

fake rules :bryan: youve never made bank in your life how you gonna speak on something youve never experienced

Crack? is it crack you smoke? How many times do we have to go over this?? I am 31 years old, majority of my life after 21 ive lived on my own :heh: for a short period of time (little less than a year) that you are referencing I lived with 1 roommate in a 4 bed room 3 bath house...

while you still 45 years old greeting people at wal mart

I would ask if you ever had a roommate before but youve been broke for all your adult life bumming it up for now 2 decades and its obvious you leech off your wifes work to even have a roof over your head.

How you the bytch in your relationship

you must sit when you pee
Yes I sit when I pee all the time, I'm potty training my daughter :francis: now in your shemotional rant you've failed to say the size of my food truck/house. How big is your house tho and why are you being so elusive? You talking about deeds, man of the house. Bruh, shut your lil dumbass up. You live alone and you're an alcoholic. Even your pet ran away, plus you watch Naruto in your draws while eating cereal for dinner :camby:
Of course its not breh lol

I have a finance background
. But for 99.9% of the population, this is an amazing rate.

The only thing is they're SIPC and not FDIC insured so they don't provide blanket coverage. :francis:. I'll stick with Goldman Sachs as my main.
Private client status is an entirely different level that most people don't even see :pachaha:(and there's better ways to invest that $700k)
You don't know who you dealing with bruh, homey throws Ray J sized parties n shyt, got indoor pools outdoor pools, a stretch hummer with a pool table inside of it. Schoolboy Q poolside because his name rhymes with pool :yeshrug:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Even your pet ran away, plus you watch Naruto in your draws while eating cereal for dinner
:what:

:heh:

I dont have a pet and I dont watch anime :heh:

ow in your shemotional rant you've failed to say the size of my food truck/house.

:what: its literally the first line of the post

ou don't know who you dealing with bruh, homey throws Ray J sized parties n shyt, got indoor pools outdoor pools, a stretch hummer with a pool table inside of it. Schoolboy Q poolside because his name rhymes with pool

funny enough we'll probably around $1.5-2million worth of cars outside the party tonight :myman:

you wouldnt understand :wow:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Of course its not breh lol

I have a finance background. But for 99.9% of the population, this is an amazing rate.

The only thing is they're SIPC and not FDIC insured so they don't provide blanket coverage. :francis:.
So does this mean their accounts aren't fully insured for fraud/losses like your standard banks?

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:hubie:

Yeah, that insurance bit made me fall back.

Salute yal for bringing that up
:salute:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:hubie:

Yeah, that insurance bit made me fall back.

Salute yal for bringing that up
:salute:
Also keep in mind that anything over $250,000 in a single bank isn't insured if it's all in a single account.

FDIC is that per bank so if you have $500,000 in savings in a single bank half of it isn't insured but if you split it $250,000 between 2 banks all of it should be insured. Or you can do a single bank but change product types.