Robinhood App Now Offering Checkings and Savings Accounts [NVM, Offer Pulled]

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I haven't done it yet, but I am. The person who let me know about this is a banker so I know it's legit. Just going to decide how much I'm going to put in and if I'm going to make it a joint savings with the Mrs.

I know others have been using Robinhood for a while via investing, @Rekkapryde ... WHAT SAY YOU?

I also hit up my close friend who's a CPA and she was like she about open up an account as well, so my sources telling me this is a no brainer breh

I opened up a Robinhood account, but haven't used it yet. I alreayd have fidelity and ameritrade accounts so :yeshrug:

All my savings accounts are with online banks. Synchrony and Capital One 360. Getting 1.7 - 2.75 percent with them.

fukking Bank Of America talking about .05% and shyt like I should be :gladbron:

:mjlol:

But if they offering 3%, I'm moving my bread to there IMMEDIATELY.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Banker boy, how does 7% on a million dollars make sense to you when you're renting out a 1/2 bedroom with a toilet (no tub) :yeshrug:
im not sure who this is in reference to because my space of living is bigger than yours :jbhmm:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Never turn down free returns. SOME of everyone's money is liquid so might as well earn a small kickback on it.

I got this email earlier, but checking it tomorrow

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
im not sure who this is in reference to because my space of living is bigger than yours :jbhmm:
How big is your space, and before you lie :stop:

How big is my space?

Before you lie again, your comment was based in emotions as opposed to reality so your reply is rooted in FURsanity :umad:

I have to inform you that nikkaz with money don't get caught up in lies all the time like you have over the years. But now I'm bringing up old shyt. You go count your money now playa :tu:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i get 1.8% through a credit union for my emergency money so i'm down for this. i'm sure robinhood will be certified and insured.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if someone has the patience to save $8000 what they going to do with $240.. like I said, its better than nothing but im definitely of the school of thought process that your money works harder for you outside of the bank :manny:
It's literally free money via interest for people that have a checking account with there saving that they don't touch...

Any company worth it's salts knows the vaule of letting money sit and gain interest u til they can move it around somewhere else to gain more interest

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was using capital one for small stock buying and sharing but they moved to e trade and they have fees.

I might have to check out .Robinhood

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It's literally free money via interest for people that have a checking account with there saving that they don't touch...

Any company worth it's salts knows the vaule of letting money sit and gain interest u til they can move it around somewhere else to gain more interest
those companies are getting 7-10% , not 3% thats why it makes sense but at 3% using the example they used $240 for $8000 I get everyone is not an entrepreneur but $8000 is not life changing money might as well put that in play than hope it garners you $240?? (as example)

we all built different :manny:

How big is your space, and before you lie :stop:

How big is my space?

Before you lie again, your comment was based in emotions as opposed to reality so your reply is rooted in FURsanity :umad:

I have to inform you that nikkaz with money don't get caught up in lies all the time like you have over the years. But now I'm bringing up old shyt. You go count your money now playa :tu:

name one lie :bryan:

JUST ONE :bryan:

You right I will go count my money, ill make a little over $3k this Friday and Saturday because its slow clubbing season :mjcry: raining and shyt here :mjcry:

how much will you make this Friday and Saturday :mjgrin:

have you even bought a 4k tv yet :mjgrin:

did you ever get your xbox back from the repair shop -- it seems like its been about a year :mjgrin:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
those companies are getting 7-10% , not 3% thats why it makes sense but at 3% using the example they used $240 for $8000 I get everyone is not an entrepreneur but $8000 is not life changing money might as well put that in play than hope it garners you $240?? (as example)

we all built different :manny:

name one lie :bryan:

JUST ONE :bryan:

You right I will go count my money, ill make a little over $3k this Friday and Saturday because its slow clubbing season :mjcry: raining and shyt here :mjcry:

how much will you make this Friday and Saturday :mjgrin:

have you even bought a 4k tv yet :mjgrin:

did you ever get your xbox back from the repair shop -- it seems like its been about a year :mjgrin:
Look you talk like a nikka who made $500, When you actually make bank you don't try to front on message boards.

How big is my house, answer that.

If you can't answer that then how you know your place is bigger :dwillhuh:

A minute ago you was happy to rent a room to "save money" yet you stay talking like if money isn't a thing. Renting a room to now you got a big ass house while single?

I hear you talking, broke it down, why you lying to kick it tho :stopitslime:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
How big is my house, answer that.
I dont know? 1000 square feet? you tell us? Is the deed even in your name or your wifes name :jbhmm:

Look you talk like a nikka who made $500, When you actually make bank you don't try to front on message boards.
fake rules :bryan: youve never made bank in your life how you gonna speak on something youve never experienced

A minute ago you was happy to rent a room to "save money" yet you stay talking like if money isn't a thing. Renting a room to now you got a big ass house while single?
Crack? is it crack you smoke? How many times do we have to go over this?? I am 31 years old, majority of my life after 21 ive lived on my own :heh: for a short period of time (little less than a year) that you are referencing I lived with 1 roommate in a 4 bed room 3 bath house...

while you still 45 years old greeting people at wal mart

I would ask if you ever had a roommate before but youve been broke for all your adult life bumming it up for now 2 decades and its obvious you leech off your wifes work to even have a roof over your head.

How you the bytch in your relationship

you must sit when you pee

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
ive never understood these accounts, even when I was a banker.. safe way to make.. $240 off $8000 I guess? So many more ways to make a better return on $8000 that may not be as safe investment but close enough :heh:

And these accounts dont make sense for anyone with big money because once you get into the $700+k private client mark they have guaranteed accounts/bonds that can guarantee you 7+% return. 7% off a million, makes sense to me ($70k a year for basically the bank to use your other funds for other shyt)

$240 for $8000.. doesnt make sense to me.. or $300 for $10k or anything..

I mean I guess its better than nothing but to make $1000 you would need to leave $32k in there.. just seems so low to me still because as a business man (I understand not everyone is a business man) $32k on a party could turn into $50k real quick in a night :heh:

but :manny: I guess people dont really get rich because they dont take risks.. $8000 into the stock market with a chance to eventually make a big return seems better to me than $240 that I cant even buy an air plane ticket with
Not a bad savings account since it beats inflation :yeshrug:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I said it was better than nothing in the post you and others are quoting
Of course its not breh lol

I have a finance background. But for 99.9% of the population, this is an amazing rate.

The only thing is they're SIPC and not FDIC insured so they don't provide blanket coverage. :francis:. I'll stick with Goldman Sachs as my main.
Private client status is an entirely different level that most people don't even see :pachaha:(and there's better ways to invest that $700k)

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Robin hood? :mjlol:

not bout to trust my money to a bank named after a guy known for stealing riches :stopitslime: