Robin Thicke Sues to Protect 'Blurred Lines' from Marvin Gaye's Family

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I knew this CAC wasn't right, :pacspit: he fooled you c00ns, but not me.

This is all you need to listen to to know it was stolen. The first 1/2 is Blurred Line over Give It Up instrumental, 2nd 1/2 is Marvin Vocals over Blurred Lines beat.

Dirty CACs pay the estate :pacspit:

You c00ns allow these CACs into our genre and let them steal everything, and still support them. :pacspit:

I never liked that fakkit nor his dumbass half-breed wife.

Now he blatantly stole the gawd's music, not any music, BUT ONE OF HIS MOST FAMOUS SONGS, AND THOUGHT HE COULD GET AWAY WITH IT????/

:pacspit: Robin thicke
:pacspit: Paula patton
:pacspit: anyone who likes those two fakkits.

Last edited:

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Great song, but it's an obvious rip, and it's what makes the song as good as it is. "Got To Give It Up" is probably one of the greatest songs of all time.

First time i ever heard this song i thought "oh ok Robin Thicke sampled Marvin". That song was a staple for many years at black bbqs back in the day. It was a prominent song on a lot of black movies, they still play it on old school mixes. Its not some obscure song from a little known artist.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang

This is all you need to listen to to know it was stolen. The first 1/2 is Blurred Line over Give It Up instrumental, 2nd 1/2 is Marvin Vocals over Blurred Lines beat.

You c00ns allow these CACs into our genre and let them steal everything, and still support them. :pacspit:

The hatred. :ohlawd:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
I never liked that fakkit nor his dumbass half-breed wife.

Now he blatantly stole the gawd's music, not any music, BUT ONE OF HIS MOST FAMOUS SONGS, AND THOUGHT HE COULD GET AWAY WITH IT????/

:pacspit: Robin thicke
:pacspit: Paula patton
:pacspit: anyone who likes those two fakkits.
The hatred Part 2. :ohlawd:

Daps
The anger in this thread is hilarious.

The shyt is obviously Marvin-inspired but you can't "steal" a beat :heh: (not unless it's the exact original copy from the sound recording). You can't "steal" a style, either

It would be like Michael Jackson suing Billy Ocean for Caribbean Queen. That song obviously used a beat similar to Billie Jean, had a bassline and everything, but nearly everything else was different

Let them nikkas cook

Last edited:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Off with this CACs head!!!!
Lol, how the hell did this fakkit become so popular? Why do black people support this cac? Because he got a mutt wife? He's one of those so-called "blue-eye soul" artists? It can't be because of his talent, because if he was black, he wouldn't have become so popular. It seems like the white executives would love to promote ANY cac that has ANY ounce of talent in a black genre. You will NEVER see a black artist who is popular in a white genre like Eminem and Thicke respectively. Cowboy Troy isn't even REMOTELY popular in his respective genre like those two fakkits. Then they say that black people are more racist then whites, gtho.

Now he didn't sample one of the all-time greats, he blatently STOLE from him, basically pissing on his corpse. CACS have a history of stealing music and calling it their own from black artists, but this time, in the day and age of the lawsuit, it's a lot harder for them to do so. WHat he thought, he think that us nigg*rs wouldn't notice?? That the estate of Gaye wouldn't do anything? I really hope this will be nail in the coffin of this no-talent hack. Negros should boycott this fakkit like y'all do Wesley Snipes and Cuba Gooding Jr. If he apologizes and do some type of damage control, and he will, DO NOT just easily forgive the cac like yall do to other cacs who shyt on you then give a half-ass apology, then say okie odie like yall usually do.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The didnt sample it. I can make money off a rendition of your song and you can't do shyt as long as I didn't use a part of your record

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
The anger in this thread is hilarious.

The shyt is obviously Marvin-inspired but you can't "steal" a beat :heh: (not unless it's the exact original copy from the sound recording)

It would be like Michael Jackson suing Billy Ocean for Caribbean Queen. That song obviously used a beat similar to Billie Jean but nearly everything else was different

Let them nikkas cook
STFU :birdman:

It's outright theft if you don't acknowledge the orginal artist. Artists sample Stevie WOnder and Michael Jackson all the time, BUT they ALWAYS acknowledge them or pay a tribute to them or the estate. This cac did NONE of that and thats why the Gaye estate is furious.

Daps
STFU :birdman:

It's outright theft if you don't acknowledge the orginal artist. Artists sample Stevie WOnder and Michael Jackson all the time, BUT they ALWAYS acknowledge them or pay a tribute to them or the estate. This cac did NONE of that and thats why the Gaye estate is furious.

First of all, he did acknowledge the Marvin Gaye inspiration earlier

Secondly, you're talking about sampling.....that doesn't apply here :snoop:

Thicke just copied the style of one of Marvin's songs by using a similar beat. That's it. That's not sampling.

Example: Sting/The Police's song "Every Breath You Take" being used to make Diddy's "I'll Be Missing You"? That's sampling, because it uses the same melody/lyrics/beat/etc.

But Bruno Mars' song "Locked Out Of Heaven" doesn't sample anything....even though he clearly copied the style of music The Police used in the 80s. His lyrics, melody, instruments, etc. are all original so he doesn't owe The Police shyt, except acknowledging that he borrowed their style....which he did, and Robin Thicke also did for Marvin. I could see the outrage if he denied that it was inspired by Marvin....THAT I could understand being pissed over

Daps
Reppin
The Beach

I just read this comment in Tupac's voice and I am even more annoyed with this dirty Thicke.
Also, I agree wholeheartedly.