Road Dogg says he was a better sports entertainer than Bret Hart

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't know if this has already been posted but

Road Dogg was asked if he thought the WWE losing Bret Hart was the final nail in their war with WCW:

"For me, personally, and that's all you're gonna get from me ever is because that's all I got. It's my only reference point. I never saw what the big deal was with Bret Hart as a performer. I never understood it. He was a great worker, and I thought about saying good, but he was a great worker. He worked better than me, 10-fold. Worked circles around me. Don't ever think that I've told anybody I was a good wrestler, because I haven't, and if you've listened to my podcast, you know that's true. I don't think I was a good wrestler. I don't think Bret was a great wrestler. I think I was a better sports entertainer than Bret was and I think that's where the money is.”

Thoughts? Was the Dogg better than the Hitman?

• Haha
Reactions: 907

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
He forgot to attach this in the article

Eg6bQfqXcAM-Rhw.jpg

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idk about that but he's right that losing Bret at worst didn't hurt them, and may have helped.

To all the new wrestling fans, particularly kids, tuning unto WWF in 98-99, and there were a lot of them, they needed as few stale, boring gimmicks as possible. "I'm a top competitor in this great sport of ours" and "Canadian guy who criticizes America" were wrasslin type gimmicks that the Attitude Era thrived in getting away from.