Rivian Electric Truck - MKBHD Impressions

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
A Dude at the office has a RIVIAN, he's always on the charger first thing in the morning. Like everyday, so I don't know if he has a long commute or what.

I have an EV as well, but the tesla ppl hog the chargers at work ljke all day . I charge currently about 1-2x a week. Ideally I'd like to charge 1 day at work and once at home

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The amount of disinformation going around regarding EVs is ridiculous. My wife put 40k miles on her EV and the car is DCFC'd maybe once a month for a road trip. We almost exclusively charge at home, overnight. Hell, the first 2 years, we only used a 110v EVSE as my wife's daily commute was less than the 40 miles of range she put back in overnight. Regarding maintenance, tire rotation every 10k miles, wiper blades, and in-cabin air filter. That's all that maintenance listed on the factory maintenance schedule for the first 150k miles. We don't plan on buying any more ICE cars either.

Exactly. I don't even do tire rotation. I probably should, but I just let that get done when I change my tires.

that might be the only thing you have do a bit more considering the car is very heavy due to the battery.

I changed all 4 the first time at 40k. Then around 85k, I did the rears since both in the front still had good treat. I'll probably get the front 2 tires in the summer.

My ROI compared to an ICE car has been great due to my commute which is the reason I decided to try this EV shyt in the first place. Best investment I ever made too car wise.

I really do want an EV truck, but Rivian wants 87k base price for an R1T in available inventory near me. If I configure a joint to my liking, it's showing 77k before taxes. I need that price to go down to at least 60k before I bite on an Rivian Truck. But the Cybertruck? Elon can suck a dikk.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
A Dude at the office has a RIVIAN, he's always on the charger first thing in the morning. Like everyday, so I don't know if he has a long commute or what.

I have an EV as well, but the tesla ppl hog the chargers at work ljke all day . I charge currently about 1-2x a week. Ideally I'd like to charge 1 day at work and once at home
If you have a charger at home just put it in the charger nightly… 80/20 rule and you will be good

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That disinformation exist because EVs still aren’t for the average person. They’re for wealthy people with high incomes. When more regular people can afford them that will go away.
The amount of Model 3s waiting to charge off Camp Creek Supercharger in Atlanta tells me otherwise. The model 3s are more than affordable, even used, at this point for many.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Facts, I tell folk if they want to jump in the ev game on the cheap model 3’s literally going for under 30k now also 2018-2020 model 3s are cheaper to insure than the 21-22+
Insurance is killer on my Ioniq 6. You recommend any insurance companies to switch to?

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Insurance is killer on my Ioniq 6. You recommend any insurance companies to switch to?
just shop around. all these insurance companies have gone up on rates. They forcing people into umbrella policies (home and auto) to get real discounts. My wife has a 2017 QX60 and with my 21 Model 3 we paid like 2300 last year combined full coverage.

This year is went up to 3100 :francis:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The amount of Model 3s waiting to charge off Camp Creek Supercharger in Atlanta tells me otherwise. The model 3s are more than affordable, even used, at this point for many.
EVs were under 8% of all vehicles sold last year. That means over 90% were ICE. Poor and middle class people can't afford them like that. EVs are for the upper class.

Thew average vehicle price is so high because that includes trucks and SUVs. The average new sedan selling price is $31K a Model 3 Sedan starts at 40K and the one people will really want is closer to $49K. Still too expensive.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
EVs were under 8% of all vehicles sold last year. That means over 90% were ICE. Poor and middle class people can't afford them like that. EVs are for the upper class.

Thew average vehicle price is so high because that includes trucks and SUVs. The average new sedan selling price is $31K a Model 3 Sedan starts at 40K and the one people will really want is closer to $49K. Still too expensive.

No one said they still were the mass, but they are way more affordable and those percentages are increasing by the year. Staying stuck in the present is why so many companies fail. They get comfortable with the current vs the future. Stay stuck in the past and get left behind. It's coming whether you want to hold on or not. :yeshrug:

I pointed out the charger area I did in particular because that is a hardcore black part of Atlanta. The used EV market, esp Model 3 is HUGE. Of course poorer people aint gonna be able to buy one , but lower middle class on up are 100% increasing those adoption rates.

You still got a rotary phone? Hell, even a landline. World gonna move forward with or without. That's how it goes.