Rise Of The Ronin (PS5/PC, Team Ninja, 2024) (NO OPEN SPOILERS)

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
This was the most disappointing game in the showcase

This just ain't it
I am really not sold on this plus they really just haven’t shown a whole lot of what it’s offering. Hopefully it turns out to be a nice little surprise as I am not expecting much from it.

Daps
I'm just glad Sucker Punch made some Japanese devs realize and claim out loud that Japan should have made a game like Tsushima, but some Americans did it instead. Now we might get more good Tsushima clones from Japan with tight combat that aren't the same shytty linear Western fantasy knockoff. Hundreds of years of interesting history to draw from, and these Japanese devs have been wanting me to fight ogres and enemies straight out of an overrated Lovecraft short story.

This looks great outside of the graphics, which are fine. I don't need killer graphics. I'm just glad it's not some garbage like Nioh 3 or whatever and actually is set in a historical period with a lot of open world to track across.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I'm just glad Sucker Punch made some Japanese devs realize and claim out loud that Japan should have made a game like Tsushima, but some Americans did it instead. Now we might get more good Tsushima clones from Japan with tight combat that aren't the same shytty linear Western fantasy knockoff. Hundreds of years of interesting history to draw from, and these Japanese devs have been wanting me to fight ogres and enemies straight out of an overrated Lovecraft short story.

This looks great outside of the graphics, which are fine. I don't need killer graphics. I'm just glad it's not some garbage like Nioh 3 or whatever and actually is set in a historical period with a lot of open world to track across.
I need japs to make more mech games like armor core and the streets need a modern ninja gaiden , and they need to jack China monkey god game and make they own

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Personally I'm completely on board. That combo was OUTRAGEOUS. This is team ninja so I know that combat is on lock.

Yep, and if we’re being honest elden ring wasn’t exactly a showstopper in the graphics department either. It is, what it is:manny:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Rise of the Ronin - Behind the Scenes: Episode 1 | PS5 Games

Somebody mentioned that dude @4:40 was the director for the live-action Rurouni Kenshin movies.

I will personally say those three Kenshin movies probably had some of the best duels I've seen on the screen to date.

That's what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I’m shocked yall not fukking with this game, it seems like it got the whole recipe for a critically acclaimed game
It will probably pick up once the game is near release date , unless the reviews are awful.