RIP Scott Hall (1958-2022)

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I don't know but the person being on life support before they die makes these celebrity deaths a bit easier to digest. I guess it gives me time to prepare myself. DMX's death would have hit a lot harder if it was just sudden, open up a browser tab and he's dead from an OD instead of lingering then dying. Same for this Scott Hall situation. If he just died after the third heart attack I wouldn't have had any time to prepare for the inevitable. Make no mistake these are very sad occasions but at least that horrible shock won't be present.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Just read Kev’s post. They made history together and changed the entire landscape of the business at a time when it was desperately needed. If you grew up during that era you mimicked Razor at least once in your life. Whether it was the toothpick flick, his stride, the accent, his in ring taunt or survey time. Knowing now that it’s just the machines keeping him alive makes it a little easier to accept, but it’s still gonna be a sad day in wrestling.

The story shouldn’t be about his demons, we heard that one for years. It should be about how he overcame them and rewrote his own story to end on a positive note.

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
Man he was one of my favorite wrestlers in the early to mid 90s WWF along with Bret Hart.

I credit Bret & Owen and Razor & Shawn for getting me into this Wrassling Thing....definitely glad I missed out on the Huck Hoegan/Rock n Wrestling Era:pachaha:

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
wwe-scott-hall.gif

That’s the bad guy man :mjcry:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
So Kev's IG post confirms it, Hall is too far gone to live, just gathering around to say goodbye.

I think Nash hit on something too about Hall, how "he wasn't worthy of the Afterlife". I remember Waylon Jennings always felt 'he' was responsible for Buddy Holly's death after quipping, "Well I hope your plane crashes." that killed him and the other two. This goes back to Hall, when he killed that one person as a bouncer, he never forgave himself and probably one of many things that he used substance to 'ease' his pain.

I think through his revival period, I think Scott died knowing that while he wasn't the best person, I think he could at least knowing that he really was well liked by friends and fans. He and Nash were coolness personified.

Nash I feel sorry for as this was his brother. I know HBK and HHH are feeling it. X-Pac's career basically started with his televised upset storyline over Razor, so I hope he doesn't get back into substance stuff.

To Hall, I've said this a longtime ago. I was born in 85', so when I was 7, I saw this Cuban on my screen and he was the Master of Cheese Mo, and I was like, "The Master of Cheese?" and as I got older and understood wrestling... I understood how charismatic and just the coolness of Scott. He provided many memories for me, and for me, he was one of a kind... and when your a one of a kind, you will never be forgotten; especially that tweet of Him, Taker and Benoit saying, "Me, Dead Man and Taker." :dead:

That's Scott, and if you had a chance to be original, to make a last impact... to not be another face in the crowd, I think anyone would want to that person, but they don't have the courage to do it, and that was Scott... but he did it with a style... he did it on a Razor's Edge.

Rest well Scott Hall, thanks for the memories. :salute: