RIP MF DOOM

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DOOM officially cemented as my 1b behind Nas. Halloween always been my favorite day of the year since a kid, but there’s a certain sting to it now.

“Safe travels, Villain” :mjcry:
What the bloody hell?

https://hiphopdx.com/news/nas-mf-doom-freestyle

Nas and MF DOOM once had a legendary freestyle session that lasted almost an hour — but it was never caught on camera.

The cypher was detailed in an editorial penned by DOOM’s former assistant, Courtney Brown, and published on The Source in honor of the three-year anniversary of the late rapper’s death.

Brown, who worked with MF DOOM for many years after meeting him through Talib Kweli, recalled a number of fond moments she witnessed, including DOOM and Nas’ musical relationship.

“I moved to L.A. to assist him as he worked on DangerDOOM,” she explained. “During that time we spent a lot of time finding inspiration for that album and hanging out with my best friend at the time Kelis and her husband, rapper Nas.

“One day after a bougie L.A. dinner I convinced them to come back to my hotel room where DOOM put on some beats and Nas began freestyling. This lasted nearly an hour. DOOM had his Special Herbs CD on him and it was a historical moment not captured on camera or recorded.”

Despite never officially releasing a collaboration together, the two rap titans built a special bond prior to DOOM’s death in 2020.

During a 2012 interview with HipHopDX, the masked MC spoke about his relationship with Nas and briefly reflected on their aforementioned freestyle session.

“[Nas is] my brother,” he said. “My other brother from another mother. We got some work done, but we ain’t record it. He would freestyle and have fun and shyt. We should have recorded some of the freestyles this n-gga did.

:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What the bloody hell?

Nas & MF DOOM's 'Historical' Freestyle Detailed By Late Rapper's Ex-Assistant

Nas and MF DOOM once had a legendary freestyle session that lasted almost an hour — but it was never caught on camera.

The cypher was detailed in an editorial penned by DOOM’s former assistant, Courtney Brown, and published on The Source in honor of the three-year anniversary of the late rapper’s death.

Brown, who worked with MF DOOM for many years after meeting him through Talib Kweli, recalled a number of fond moments she witnessed, including DOOM and Nas’ musical relationship.

“I moved to L.A. to assist him as he worked on DangerDOOM,” she explained. “During that time we spent a lot of time finding inspiration for that album and hanging out with my best friend at the time Kelis and her husband, rapper Nas.

“One day after a bougie L.A. dinner I convinced them to come back to my hotel room where DOOM put on some beats and Nas began freestyling. This lasted nearly an hour. DOOM had his Special Herbs CD on him and it was a historical moment not captured on camera or recorded.”

Despite never officially releasing a collaboration together, the two rap titans built a special bond prior to DOOM’s death in 2020.

During a 2012 interview with HipHopDX, the masked MC spoke about his relationship with Nas and briefly reflected on their aforementioned freestyle session.

“[Nas is] my brother,” he said. “My other brother from another mother. We got some work done, but we ain’t record it. He would freestyle and have fun and shyt. We should have recorded some of the freestyles this n-gga did.

:snoop::sadbron:

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
What the bloody hell?

https://hiphopdx.com/news/nas-mf-doom-freestyle

Never knew these dudes even knew each other, that’s wild.

too rare of an occurrence life to be caught on camera

Daps
What the bloody hell?

Yea, in an interview I remember DOOM saying he went to a Nas pool party once, and gave Nas a painting lol. Not surprising to me Nas would know him and be friends with him, Nas is a super hip hop head and they both knew MC Serch. Probably remember him from the KMD days.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
What the bloody hell?

fainting-black.gif

REAL6

All Star
Daps