Rihanna calling out biased women: The more we respect ourselves the more men will respect us

_Anghellic_

Tia Mowry Bandwagon
Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
329430-36dd4476-cb57-11e4-a028-65bfa3bc1db2.jpg

During a press conference for her new animated movie Home, the global record-breaking sensation had many interesting things to say on her future plans, life experiences and her growth as a woman.

• On being the new face of Dior: “I feel very special, not just as a woman of colour, which I think is brilliant, but as a woman to be acknowledged by Dior is very special.”
  • On her ideal future husband: “Someone who could tolerate my schedule; someone man enough to do that and not get scared because I don’t have a lot of time to offer.”
  • Things she learned from her life experiences: “The more we respect ourselves the more men will respect us, I have both sides to me and I think most women do. We are strong but they are very vulnerable as well. For me, I get very fierce and passionate about my career and about my family. But there are also things that make me become a little girl. Like, I love balloons, that definitely really brings out the little girl in me.”
  • On the movie's positive message for young girls: “I think women are way stronger than they know, or sometimes they do know but they don’t always feel like being strong. Sometimes, you’re like, ‘Can I get a pass?’”
  • On her characer, Tip: “Tip is so bold. And the way she dresses and how she wears her hair is not perfect and I feel like little girls should feel comfortable being that way, being strong and being themselves.”
  • On her changing style: “I feel like my image evolves as I evolve as a woman. With growth, there’s change. My style is a reflection of my mood, my attitude wherever I am at, and you can see how it’s evolved since the beginning of my career just from my videos, and style is a huge part of that attitude.”
SOURCE
tumblr_nla4rpRTJG1tihme8o1_500.jpg

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.co...urce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz3Ugtik3UG

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Shes right though. Coming up elders always told me to respect self if I wanted anybody else to.

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Butch got tired of being that girl and is looking for respect. Her team tryna get her to clean up her act so they can market her as respectable for her new era. She can keep that shyt tho.

1stPick

Banned
Daps
She's right

There's a certain nationality of Black women that I dont really respect because they dont respect themselves nor do they respect other people.

Just keeping it a stack. Not disclosing which nationality it is.

_Anghellic_

Tia Mowry Bandwagon
Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
Butch got tired of being that girl and is looking for respect. Her team tryna get her to clean up her act so they can market her as respectable for her new era. She can keep that shyt tho.
She's the "First black" of some woman thingy. I don't know what it is, cause I don't keep up with that female modeling/magazine stuff. A coli brehette fill me in to what it is. So yea I guess this is her first step toward rebranding.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I knew something was up when she was covered up from head to toe at all her recent events. Not that this is a bad thing though, must be the baby changing her. :ehh: