Right gimmick, wrong wrestler

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I Think TJ works as a heel with the same type of character.

If TJ stayed the exact same prior to his post-CW title winning promo, his gimmick would work. No nikka that calls himself a Wrestling Yoda is to be cheered. He's supposed to be styling on nikkas, dabbing in their faces and boasting about himself.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
i still think that he is one of the worst...granted in ring he's better than a lot of people, i still think his matches arent even all that great either. dude just never fits any of his characters.
HE FINALLY MANAGED TO FIND HIS NICHE IN LUCHA UNDERGROUND AS "THE MAYOR OF SLAMTOWN," BROTHER!

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
I know, that's why I put it.

It probably would have made more sense if Dolph Ziggler was Kerwin and Chavo was the caddy, given the tone of the gimmick and all that.
You're still not seeing the point of the gimmick. You're basically saying it would have made more sense for Clayton Bigsby to be white.

This was WWE's version of Clayton Bigsby.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
the "MVP" gimmick could have been huge on the right guy. even tho it was actually his idea. I never bought him in it.
He was TO, had to be a black dude to pull it off. He did great imo, just that he was never going to be fully backed because of :mjpls:

Only other option would've been Shelton :ld:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
i personally thought the carlito character was cool only for the vignettes and for the first couple of months, i thought it got goofy later

Insun Park

Fukk Em
Daps
Would have preferred to see the Rob Conway "Con Man" gimmick and theme go to someone with some actual mic skills

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
He was TO, had to be a black dude to pull it off. He did great imo, just that he was never going to be fully backed because of :mjpls:

Only other option would've been Shelton :ld:
I know what it was supposed to be. and yeah, it needed to be a Black wrestler...I'm saying it had the potential to be bigger than what he was capable of doing. they probably didn't have anyone on the roster to do it honestly.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
If TJ stayed the exact same prior to his post-CW title winning promo, his gimmick would work. No nikka that calls himself a Wrestling Yoda is to be cheered. He's supposed to be styling on nikkas, dabbing in their faces and boasting about himself.

they ruined him the same way they ruined Brian Kendrick on 205. He was gaining traction as a dark character who had issues. Now his character is nothing special.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
MVP did well as that character but i think a tougher character like bad news brown or steve austin style fits him netter....

TITUS ONEAL wouldve been a good MVP type. Or jack swagger if he has an agent as a valet/manager

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
the "MVP" gimmick could have been huge on the right guy. even tho it was actually his idea. I never bought him in it.

This is the only post that is 100% false lol. MVP was the perfect person to play that gimmick. But instead of the WWE capitalizing on a pretty hot heel that cause talk and wrestle, they made him have a losing streak gimmick and killed his steam.

Ditto to Reigns/Corbin as well. I realized this after the first two times I saw Corbin after his Raw debut. He's exactly what Reigns should be doing.