Rick Ross - Black Dollar (Mixtape)

H.S.

All Star
Daps
I always felt that GFID was underrated

Shave about 3 tracks off it (Hold Me Back and 911 back to back was :comeon:, the Omarion joint :russell:) and you got one of Ross' best albums.

The better half of GFID was dope, but you're tripping if you're saying "Ice Cold" was weak.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
GFID was fire to me just take out 911 don't see the hate :ld:

"Hold Me Back," "911," and "So Sophisticated" were straight for what they were, but they didn't really fit the sound and theme of the album to me.

"Touch'N You" and "Diced Pinapples" were absolutely garbage imo. The other 10 songs were fire for the most part. For me it's like Jay's Vol. 1, because it has some of his best and worst songs.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I seriously do not know what "Rich Forever" you guys listened to. Y'all hate "trap Ross" but 90% of "Rich Forever" was "trap Ross" evenmore "trap" than his "street album" "Hood Billionaire" which is unfairly hated on. To me it seems "free" is just better music to you guys and give you a shyt reason for not buying a retail release because it's just not as good as the "mixtape" FOH. "Black Dollar" is top notch though.

DirtyMoney

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he fumbles this new album he's a dummy. If he just added some tracks (babies cry) to black dollar and took some off and sold this retail. It would be better than his entire catalogue

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
He coulda took off:

The Future song (was aight)
The August Alsina song
and 2 Shots (wasn't bad, but we already got Beautiful Lie on there :ohlawd:)

Then add: "Babies Cry", and "Buried In The Streets"

Perfect album :win:

edit: nitpicking aside, this is Ross' best work IMO

H.S.

All Star
Daps
I seriously do not know what "Rich Forever" you guys listened to. Y'all hate "trap Ross" but 90% of "Rich Forever" was "trap Ross" evenmore "trap" than his "street album" "Hood Billionaire" which is unfairly hated on. To me it seems "free" is just better music to you guys and give you a shyt reason for not buying a retail release because it's just not as good as the "mixtape" FOH. "Black Dollar" is top notch though.

Do you think Hood Billionaire is in the same league as Black Dollar though? I liked Hood Billionaire and I still think his new shyt is a return to form. The only post-2008 Ross projects I can't mess with at all is Mastermind (Except "Mafia Music 3") and the Black Bar Mitzvah mixtape.

He coulda took off:

The Future song (was aight)
The August Alsina song
and 2 Shots (wasn't bad, but we already got Beautiful Lie on there :ohlawd:)

Then add: "Babies Cry", and "Buried In The Streets"

Perfect album :win:

This is basically my copy of Black Dollar, except I kept "2 Shots," and I think it's probably the best girl song he's ever made. And I took off "Turned They Back" because the features on that joint weren't really up to par with what Ross was doing on this tape.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you think Hood Billionaire is in the same league as Black Dollar though? I liked Hood Billionaire and I still think his new shyt is a return to form. The only post-2008 Ross projects I can't mess with at all is Mastermind (Except "Mafia Music 3") and the Black Bar Mitzvah mixtape.
My main issue with "Hood Billionaire" is the phone calls. "Black Dollar" is excellent, IMO. "Hood Billionaire" isn't as good as "Black Dollar" but it's not his worse work by any stretch. I mean if you removed a couple songs from "Hood Billionaire" and replaced them with a couple songs from "Black Dollar" it would be better. if you took a couple songs from "Hood Billionaire" and added em to "Black Dollar" it would be better and still fit the "black power" theme many seem to think he's on. As they are currently constructed "Black Dollar" > "Hood Billionaire" . "Hood Billionaire" > "Rich Forever", IMO.