Rich people abusing KickStarter

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Spike has made over 30 plus films. He has miulti millions of dollars. He could fund the entire movie himself. Even if it's a total flop I doubt he would go broke off losing 1.2 million. I understand filmmaker's rarely use their own money but c'mon keep Kickstarter for those who DON'T GOT IT nor have access to it!!!!!!! I'm a independent film maker myself and understand the importance of this resource. What do ya'll think?

The Newest Hottest Spike Lee Joint by Spike Lee — Kickstarter

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
lol @ him naming those people who raised millions. The problem is cacs aren't gonna support you like they did them Spike. :snoop:

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
I hope ppl don't give money to it. Spike Lee is a big name with lots' of connections. He can find an investor if he wanted to:smh:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
dog....if u look at how he has the donations set up it is not a bad deal.

Donate 20 bucks u get a ticket to the movie for free. And the rest of the things he offers are really nice incentives.....

stop hating on this mans plan and let him cook

I was going to say some of these prizes seem to be worth more than the money amount. Autographed spike lee nikes, depending on the shoes those could be worth something to sneakerheads. If your an upstart filmmaker paying $500 to have a phonecall with Spike doesnt seem like bad investment either.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Black people need to stop hating on other Black people's legit hustles. NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR fukkERY!

Thanks for advertising this Kickstarter, though. I doubt many of us would have found it otherwise.

This is the only way we are going to get the stories we want told the way we want to tell them.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dumbest thing you could ever post. First off, we don;t know how much he has. What if spike is only worth $5M. You mean to tell me he should invest a fifth of his worth in a fickle movie business?

Secondly, most business people operate on the rule "OPM" Other peoples money. That is how you minimize risk and in this case, he can gauge how many people actually want to see the movie. If people want to see it they will donate to make it happen.

PBS (television network) has been asking for donations for their entire existence. What's wrong with asking for donations. If I was a movie director I would do the same thing.

fukk outta here breh...smh.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
I aint hating on Spike. If he can get it then get it. I just think its wack that he has 8 figures in the bank and is asking u to support him on a medium thats made to help folks who aint got shyt. I said the same about Eli Roth when he had a kicstarter projec so stfu about blacks holding back blacks.