RG3 and Sam Ponder have been fired by ESPN due to cost cutting measures.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Probably thought he didn't have to share :heh:

Just kidding but yeah he pissed someone off

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If it's for cause, I'm sure the cause will get leaked sooner or later. He didn't seem like the kind of cat to do anything wild behind the scenes, just sort of a goofball. You never know though
It seems that Sam Ponder has gotten fired along with them. Rather weird as they’re using the term fired instead of being letting go.

In Ponder’s case, she got lucky she didn’t get fired years ago when she made those tweets about transgender athletes and went into hiding.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He overdid it and it wore thin, he was just too extra and fed into the hype and online issues a bit too much. All that clout chasing and buffoonery for what?
What did he do? Idfw CFB like I used to but I never heard any complaints

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i liked breh commentating on games.
yeah he would do a little too much on social media but he would bring a lot of fun to espn broadcasts
the moment about leaving when his wife went into labor
jumping into the water in washington, while in jacksonville
racing the bird in seattle
breh would have fun in his own way

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was inevitable he wasn't coming back when they replaced him with Jason Kelce on Countdown
yea but he does color commentary for CFB games, if they remove him from NFL Countdown he still has a whole other job. something else gotta be at play because ESPN should have already handed out their game assignments, 2 weeks before the season starts is wild

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
yea but he does color commentary for CFB games, if they remove him from NFL Countdown he still has a whole other job. something else gotta be at play because ESPN should have already handed out their game assignments, 2 weeks before the season starts is wild
They bringing back Pat Mac for College Gameday and still gotta re-sign Stephen A. MFs penching pennies