Revisiting Complex's "Best Rapper Alive" List - How Can We Make it More Accurate?

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
I think you can just jump straight to the thread for each year. I would start with 2015 and go back though. Threads are gonna go triple plutonium if you start with 1985.

:russ:

But the thought of starting with 2015 and enduring all the bullshyt before we get to the piff is :mjcry:, but you're right anyway.

But if I'm gonna jump straight in, is it up to me only to decide the contenders? Maybe put down 10 names instead of 5 as a precaution?

You should have some rules about who qualifies for each year though.
I think you have to have an album out. Otherwise I'm just gonna vote :pdahell:every year :russ:
Albums released October to December of a year might also qualify for the next year.
The Chronic dropped in December of 92 for example, but Deep Cover and Nuthing But a G Thang dropped way earlier that year. fukk with Dre Day may have also been out. :yeshrug:

Yeah album is pretty much a necessity. Help me think up some rules breh. That's why you been elected to my thinking cap council.
:ufdup:

I'd rather be strict about the years. But if a lot of singles come out the year before or after a given album those contributions will be credited for that year.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
a2eEjzg.gif

Over here at The Coli, we love to list, rank and argue things. You don't have to participate bro but calm down lol....

:russ:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
But if I'm gonna jump straight in, is it up to me only to decide the contenders? Maybe put down 10 names instead of 5 as a precaution?
Yep. Just do 5 and then you can edit the poll later if necessary. :yeshrug:
I doubt you'll forget someone really in contention for any year.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
fukk it then. Start with 94. Let's go right to Big vs. Nas.
Do the years in whatever order you want.

Ok i'll do random order

give me some ideas as to the criteria necessary so I can lay them out in the OP of each thread

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
It would also suck to start with all the good stuff then end with all the boring shyt:mjcry:
Series thread like these usually only have but so long a shelf life.
If we start with 1985 threads doing zero numbers.
If you start with 2015 it'll be boring for us but might be a plat thread.
Starting with something like 94-96 would be :blessed:

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
Yep. Just do 5 and then you can edit the poll later if necessary. :yeshrug:
I doubt you'll forget someone really in contention for any year.

in 1994 if I do 5, somebody gonna say....where's Redman, Common, Method Man, Jeru and so on and so on....

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
I'd say rapping skills, album quality and popularity are the most important:yeshrug:

but you can't put limitations on these sorta things....that's ultimately what the voter is deciding upon anyway

by saying they NEED an album that year, you cannot vote for Snoop in 1995 for example