REVEALED: Open A.I. Staff Warn "The progress made on Project Q* has the potential to endanger humanity" (REUTERS)

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
don't know why you're so sure it'll lead to catastrophe. this is the system functioning as it always has and has little to do with the morality of developers. people want to be at the forefront of advancing technology and scientific discoveries. openai even tells their investors that if they succeed theres a risk money may not matter anymore.

while energy is finite (and robot input materials finite) money will continue to matter.

solve fusion energy (or something similar) then maybe not.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
The fact it's reasoning is great news. No doubt I've been real intrigued by what A.I can do recently and even got placed with overseeing how A.I can be integrated at work this week.

That said, I still think A.I to the point where it can replace what a human can do is still decades away. Straight from the horse's mouth (timestamped):

If you think about it, right now it has access to so much data and can even learn recursively (make up faces and train off those faces for example), yet it still gets some highly basic questions very wrong. It has had plenty of data and opportunity to correct itself and learn from it's mistakes, yet some things are simply still not "clicking" for it. While we've made a ton of progress, we're still not as far as some people think imo.

There's also a downside about reasoning and learning: it means you can learn "bad habits" and reason why it's correct, when it's actually incorrect. You can strengthen bad habits and strong incorrect connections making the breakthroughs more difficult. I have a feeling this will be a big pain point for A.I as well like it is for plenty of people.

I think the truly dangerous part about A.I right now is how much people are blowing it up out of proportion, which is leading to people being fired and losing their jobs over hype and hoopla. We're definitely in the buzzword phase of a cycle and many people in positions of power are overestimating it while many ordinary/laypeople are underestimating it.

Do I think it'll take 30-50 years like said in the video? Probably not and I hope not, I'd love to see it in my lifetime but there's a very real possibility that may not happen.

:camby:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
theres no hack for access to nuclear weapons, they still use floppy disks.

edit:
they updated it

:camby:

and that's stupid humans :hubie:

BSG lied :francis:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Man look, What time we reporting to the robot internment camps brehs :beli:

Screenshot-2023-11-23-at-23-31-14.png

Screenshot-2023-11-23-at-23-31-40.png

bnew

Veteran
Daps

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
We’re definitely closer to a super intelligence than we are away from it. We’re one of the last generations that that will have lived in a world without its existence, in my opinion. Hell, we have several people heralding that we’ve already created sentient AI. Once AI is no longer bound or delimited by human intelligence and can amend itself, I don’t think anyone can really know what will happen. If the AI isn’t one some other shyt aging, disease, etc. should be eradicated pretty soon thereafter (word to Kurzweil). It’s like that meme from The Office where Will Ferrell is like this shyt can go horribly wrong or it can go great. The upside is life would be potentially a lot better, happier, etc., the downside is they might have us in a Shu program… or worse. :wow:

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
We’re definitely closer to a super intelligence than we are away from it. We’re one of the last generations that that will have lived in a world without its existence, in my opinion. Hell, we have several people heralding that we’ve already created sentient AI. Once AI is no longer bound or delimited by human intelligence and can amend itself, I don’t think anyone can really know what will happen. If the AI isn’t one some other shyt aging, disease, etc. should be eradicated pretty soon thereafter (word to Kurzweil). It’s like that meme from The Office where Will Ferrell is like this shyt can go horribly wrong or it can go great. The upside is life would be potentially a lot better, happier, etc., the downside is they might have us in a Shu program… or worse. :wow:

A.I will be here to help and let us be.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
See you in the Matrix Juice:salute:

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Y’all really think robots can take over?

That’s hard for me to believe, ai is definitely going to have consequences but is it going to be some matrix or terminator shyt I don’t think so

It’s hard for me to believe that ai wouldn’t have a kill switch

And why do people assume ai would be on bullshyt with humans

The threat I see is for jobs. Companies specifically with shareholders are about profit over most else.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Considering most modern devices including cars are attached to the internet and can be controlled remotely, aka the internet of things, I'm not sure why people aren't seeing the dangers of an AI that can shut down your car remotely or drastically increase the temperature in your house or lower it. There's so much a malicious Ai can do to you and once it's let free on the internet and makes copies of itself, the only way to get rid of it is pretty much to EMP ourselves back to the stone age.
I don’t think y’all understand AI. Computers are very stupid. They can only do what humans program it to do. And even then you have to hold its hand to make it do what you want. We are nowhere near AI remotely taking over the world :mjlol:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Because the “artificial shyt” is only going to mimic the best and smartest of humans until it doesn’t have to anymore :comeon:
It would always be based on human shyt, but let’s say it doesn’t mimic humans, what does ai turn into