Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What if its actually worth 70 dollars? :yeshrug:

Like, here’s my thing...in order to avoid stan wars, I’ll refrain from naming names. But why is it that older games or ports for games can be priced at 60 dollars and no one bats an eye about it. It is what it is, people find value in them therefore its worth 60.

But if sony is like this is a great game, we put a lot of money into it, the developers put a lot of work into it, it’s a brand new experience and we have faith that it will meet your expectations. Why now, does this deserve to be knocked down in price? Based on what speculation that its a new IP from a smaller developer?

I don’t think thats fair

I feel like it sets a precedent that we want low effort old games rather than new experiences. I feel like we should reward publishers for risking big budgets on new ideas rather than the more common alternative.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
What if its actually worth 70 dollars? :yeshrug:

Like, here’s my thing...in order to avoid stan wars, I’ll refrain from naming names. But why is it that older games or ports for games can be priced at 60 dollars and no one bats an eye about it. It is what it is, people find value in them therefore its worth 60.

But if sony is like this is a great game, we put a lot of money into it, the developers put a lot of work into it, it’s a brand new experience and we have faith that it will meet your expectations. Why now, does this deserve to be knocked down in price? Based on what speculation that its a new IP from a smaller developer?

I don’t think thats fair

I feel like it sets a precedent that we want low effort old games rather than new experiences. I feel like we should reward publishers for risking big budgets on new ideas rather than the more common alternative.

I hear you and mostly agree with you on this sentiment. Reason why some probably ok with paying for older games for such money is that they already know that it's solid and some make the decision that it's more than worth it to them. And like the companies they criticize, they too are risk-adverse. For me, it's definitely a case-by-case basis tho and I also stand by desiring newer games over old ones...for the most part. There's exceptions to everything tho.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
people who bought the digital Ps5 are idiots. They won't be able to cop games for half price a few months later. In the long run you will save hundreds paying the extra $100 for the disc.

Digital games go on sale as much, if not even more than physical copies these days and at the same rate of speed as well. You're only gimped on reselling games going digital.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You just gonna call that man stupid to his face?:dwillhuh:

lmaoooooooooo I was about to cuss him out til I read your post

that being said @The Hon. Stringer Bell there are many options for me to get discounted digital games which is why I went 99% digital last gen and am doing the same this gen as well...both the xbox and PS store routinely have sales on digital games...sometimes CDkeys have digital games at very low prices...but the biggest discount of digital games for me has come from using credits cards and using reward points to get free gift cards for the xbox/PS store...very rarely do I pay full price for a digital game...I usually get them $5-60 off...I’m griping about the price on returnal on principal but at the end of the day if I really want the game I’m gonna get it and I’m not gonna pay full price for it either

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They still be selling games thay came out years ago for full price on PSN

Happens at retail stores as well. Some stores will put stock on sale, based on inventory and some won't. Same goes for digital, cept there stock is never the reason behind it. All these games that are currently full priced online had multiple sales throughout the year online just the same.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Happens at retail stores as well. Some stores will put stock on sale, based on inventory and some won't. Same goes for digital, cept there stock is never the reason behind it. All these games that are currently full priced online had multiple sales throughout the year online just the same.

I get games off ebay

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Hopefully this runs at a stable 1440/60fps, I was getting occasional frame hiccups on Miles.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’ll most likely get this, skip village and get deathloop

I’d rather watch a video play through of resi