Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The gaming media stays hyping things up in previews. Cyberpunk is still in my memory.

That said, I really hope this game sticks the landing because I want a new next gen game to play.

It needs to be more than just a good game, it needs to be good for the price....The pricing of this game may be its achilles heel.

hear, hear brother!

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Creatures and concept seem to borrow heavily from "Edge of Tomorrow" which isn't a bad thing at all.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
People didn’t preview cyberpunk on PS4’s though lol

I won’t derail this thread but I wanted to say that I wasn’t referring to the console versions of Cyberpunk.

Gaming media made that game sound like it was gonna be the be-all-end-all before release. Overhyped it in every aspect.

I played it on PC on a good rig. (Ryzen 3800/RTX2060/Nvme SSD)

That game was broken/incomplete and had some bad design on every platform it released on. (The police spawning and horrible driver AI/path-tracing just to name a couple)

So with Returnal, it would be best to temper expectations. I can see these fickle media people flipping on it saying stuff like ‘it makes a strong first impression, but then gets repetitive’ or these previews talk about the game being cool, but then they ultimately say that it isnt worth the asking price and dock the score. I hope I’m wrong.

Anyways, those are my thoughts.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I won’t derail this thread but I wanted to say that I wasn’t referring to the console versions of Cyberpunk.

Gaming media made that game sound like it was gonna be the be-all-end-all before release. Overhyped it in every aspect.

I played it on PC on a good rig. (Ryzen 3800/RTX2060/Nvme SSD)

That game was broken/incomplete and had some bad design on every platform it released on. (The police spawning and horrible driver AI/path-tracing just to name a couple)

So with Returnal, it would be best to temper expectations. I can see these fickle media people flipping on it saying stuff like ‘it makes a strong first impression, but then gets repetitive’ or these previews talk about the game being cool, but then they ultimately say that it isnt worth the asking price and dock the score. I hope I’m wrong.

Anyways, those are my thoughts.

Thats fair. I also think that if the game does end up reviewing well that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s for everyone either though. Case in point, Demon’s Souls. It was my favorite game last year (probably) and i would never recommend it to some of my friends who just copped a PS5.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
this is definitely not one I’m rushing into...I’ll wait til I get as much real user feedback as possible and not industry shills

:ehh: Yeah actually I might wait too. I watched the first 45 minutes and it seems fun but maybe not first day cop for 70+

I think every time you close the game you start from the initial site. That would annoy me :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

giphy-downsized.gif