Restaurant workers: "we want a living wage"

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
An Anti-Tipping law needs to be enacted because thats whats screwing them over.

Restaurant owners in cahoots with the capitalist system, have left their own staff to become beggers, sticking their hands out for change to patrons like the homeless.
Leaving restaurant staff wages as the sole responisbility of the tips was a con from the start.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This might shock you, but there are people in other countries who work these jobs full time and make enough to not only pay for their necessities in life, but also enough to save so they can then use that extra money to gain post secondary education and move into a more lucrative job.

But wait, there's more: America used to be a country where a college student could work this kind of job part time while focusing on school and graduate without crippling student loan debt.

And the crazy thing is, there are people who are actually OPPOSED to people being able to make enough money to pay for insulin, rent, food, average clothes, etc. They apparently don't fukking care if people die a preventable death because the business owners don't want to pay their employees enough so they can survive with full time employment at that business. Wild, I know.

I assume you aren't one of those people because people who think it's "unfair" for "unskilled" or young people to make enough money to survive when working fulltime are not only profoundly stupid, but actually evil too.

And these are same type that'll complain about how terrible crime is. But spew nonsense like that. This life is interesting

bnew

Veteran
Daps
It's absolutely crazy how much society juelz and puts so much focus on the unskilled labor market. We do all of this instead of focusing on the sector of the population who wants to gain marketable skills. More money needs to be pumped into job training, financing to get certifications, lowering college tuition, trade schools, etc etc. But somehow able bodied homeless people and unskilled workers get all of the national attention. Odd

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Every full time job should be paid a livable wage, meaning you can provide yourself food, shelter, medical care and some savings for a rainy day.

Only bootlickers and c00ns have a problem with this.

Somehow these same bootlickers don't have a problem with 5-8 men having 50% of the world's wealth.

Let me guess.. This is the thread where some of these same militants that be talking that Anti MAGA shyt be adapting that GOP bootstraps mentality and putting down the same people they claim they want to build with? Alot of these threads show these nikkahs true colors which is why when they pop that pro black shyt in MAGA threads I dont take them seriously :mjlol:

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
:manny:
It is what it is honestly. Your city or state should raise minimum wage to “livable” wages. Seattle, San Francisco, LA and a bunch of other cities have done it. It’s 10.50 in Atlanta and that’s the full rate for waitstaff as well.

Write your city councilman or put pressure on the company to step up. If I ever went into the restaurant business. I’d do a food truck.

Obviously we as consumers are good with whatever price is charged. Otherwise we would stop eating at the restaurants and cook our own food. We are getting raped with service fees and gratuity in Atlanta and people still eat out.
:manny: