RESPECT (Aretha Franklin Biopic) Trailer (Jennifer Hudson, August 13 2021)

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this better than the National Geographic miniseries that came out earlier this year?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Was pretty good. Moved kind of fast in spots and despite all the eras shown, most people didn't really age but some good performances saved it.

Shout out to Jennifer Hudson for doing Aretha justice

Shout out to Marlon for actually giving a damn about acting again

Shout out to Jukebox for doing better than every episode of Raising Kanan and looking like a cutie when not dyking it

Shout out to Forest Whitaker for still being one of the best black actors to date

Daps
Is this better than the National Geographic miniseries that came out earlier this year?

Jennifer Hudson is about the only thing better in the movie than the miniseries. The miniseries had the advantage of significantly more screen time so I guess it’s no wonder that my biggest criticism of the movie is that it skipped/glossed over way too much. The miniseries did a better job of showing the unique relationship between her and her father which seemed to be so key to her life.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jennifer Hudson is about the only thing better in the movie than the miniseries. The miniseries had the advantage of significantly more screen time so I guess it’s no wonder that my biggest criticism of the movie is that it skipped/glossed over way too much. The miniseries did a better job of showing the unique relationship between her and her father which seemed to be so key to her life.
Interesting

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Finally watching this. So far I don't see any diva in her. Everybody knows she's a butthole. Jennifer seems too nice so far