Resident Evil VIIIage -OT- Full VR Update 2/22

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm glad it isn't going to overstay it's welcome bruh. A lot of these survival horror games be way too long... looking at TLOU here. shyt was 30 hours when it should of only been like 15 it's damn self.
Nope last of us 2 is an epic generation saga

Resident evil hasn't put hard work into a title since 4 and 5

How 6 was 20 something hours and forgettable is beyond me

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Hopefully someone who beats the game on Hard can give their playtime.

This casual difficulty playthrough times.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I got to be honest. I found the demo boring. I'll hold off for all you brehs to come back with the real on this game. I loved 7 and didn't mind the new direction but the Demo didn't impress me at all. Just felt...sterile and empty tbh.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I got to be honest. I found the demo boring. I'll hold off for all you brehs to come back with the real on this game. I loved 7 and didn't mind the new direction but the Demo didn't impress me at all. Just felt...sterile and empty tbh.

This thread looks like its finna be dry as hell, usually when reviews come out theres a bunch of hype

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I can’t even lie. I’m thinking of skipping now. Maybe just watch someone I’m subscribed to on YouTube play it. I’m not fully decided but $70 for a 10 hour one and done game (that isn’t groundbreaking)? :patrice:And I heard the later half of the game is kind of just aight.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I can’t even lie. I’m thinking of skipping now. Maybe just watch someone I’m subscribed to on YouTube play it. I’m not fully decided but $70 for a 10 hour one and done game (that isn’t groundbreaking)? :patrice:And I heard the later half of the game is kind of just aight.

It’s 60

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure this will be solid, but I'm gonna wait for a sale

I usually run through RE games pretty quick and rarely go back, except for 2Remake

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Capcom set out to make RE8 less “scary” than RE7

Resident Evil’s producer says Village was balanced based on feedback that ‘RE7 was too scary’ | VGC

When we develop a new Resident Evil game, our goal is not always to make it scarier than the previous title, but find a balance to deliver a scary but fun experience for players,” he said.

“Some of the feedback we received regarding [RE7 was] that it was too scary to play,” Kanda added. “In one regard, that’s exactly what we were striving for, so it’s a huge compliment for us.

“But at the same time, it’s always our goal to create something that anybody can feel comfortable jumping in and playing, so we eased up on the tension curve [in RE Village] relative to Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, so that players aren’t in constant fear.”

While Resident Evil 7 put players in a series of confined spaces, “as if the walls of the Baker mansion were closing in on them”, Resident Evil Village’s relatively open environments aim to create tension differently.

“For Resident Evil Village, we took an entirely different approach with the openness of the village and players not knowing what might be lurking beyond the trees,” Kanda said.

“Something we also always have to pay attention to is the tension curve. We also find that people grow immune to fear if they’re consistently pitted up against a tense situation or environment.

“Those moments of solace act as a buffer to make sure that people aren’t completely desensitized to the horror. The save rooms that you often see in many ‘Resident Evil’ games is a great example of that, where players can take a deep breath and know that they are safe.”
Yea the just told me why I won’t cop it right here. They need to chill trying to fukking cater to everybody and just make the shyt they wanna make man. It’s a damn horror series. Let the shyt be a horror series. RE7 basically saved the franchise and these nikkas choose to go backwards? :snoop:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yea the just told me why I won’t cop it right here. They need to chill trying to fukking cater to everybody and just make the shyt they wanna make man. It’s a damn horror series. Let the shyt be a horror series. RE7 basically saved the franchise and these nikkas choose to go backwards? :snoop:

I wouldn’t be surprised if after this game they go back to over the shoulder

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn’t be surprised if after this game they go back to over the shoulder

I put about 7 hours into RE7 so far. It took some getting used to, but the 1st person isn't completely terrible... 3rd person is still better though.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I put about 7 hours into RE7 so far. It took some getting used to, but the 1st person isn't completely terrible... 3rd person is still better though.

If they are gonna do 1st person it needs to be a straight up survival horror, kill the action game stuff. Thats why so many people hate the second half of RE7