Republican AGs get Republican judges to block ANOTHER student loan forgiveness program. This one has been in place for 31 years.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Now they're blocking Biden's version of the Income-driven Repayment program, which has been in place for the last 5 presidential administrations. The basic rules for the program haven't changed, and thus its legality shouldn't have changed, the Biden Adminstration just made the forgiveness more generous than before. 7.5 miillion borrowers are already enrolled in the program.

Republicans think, "Stop low-income college grads from getting help with their loans" is a winning strategy in the age of out-of-control college costs. They really want America as uneducated as possible.

Last edited:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
republicans are literally rewriting what is "fair and legal" and what isnt, and can take it all the way to their supreme court.

cant underestimate the power of who is allowed to appoint judges. We need dems in control
This is what frustrates me about the #bothsides argument. Yes dems aren't perfect, yes it's plenty to criticize them for, but saying they are the same is completely disingenuous.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Aren’t you maga?

they do that a lot, I guess its part of the disinfo script.

Play quiet agreement with the main theme of the thread (usual about some tyrannical Republican bullshyt) then sneak in "but the Dems" after about 15-20 posts in an attempt to disfigure what and who the thread is about to begin with

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
For those who care, the following states are the ones suing to stop student loan relief for low-income earners:

Kansas
Nebraska
Texas
Montana
Idaho
Utah
Alaska
Iowa
Louisiana
Alabama
South Carolina

However, they aren't just stopping student loan relief in their states, they're suing to stop the entire program across the country and they've already succeeded in getting two judges to issue an injunction.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Mine were forgiven last year thank god

If it was under this rule, then that's what the AG's are complaining about. They're saying Biden didn't have the authority to forgive those. Some versions of the report suggest that they might try to get a judge to roll that forgiveness back.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the "project 2025" plan by far right republicants aims to eliminate loan repayment based on income altogether.

they also plan to reclassify civil servants in gov as appointees. important because if convicted felon wins he can completely reshape all policy related programs as they see fit.

it's not hyperbole to say republicans plan to completely take over the system and make life impossible for everyone who isn't maga.

i'm not excited about weekend at bernie status biden, but republicans have to be stopped.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
If it was under this rule, then that's what the AG's are complaining about. They're saying Biden didn't have the authority to forgive those. Some versions of the report suggest that they might try to get a judge to roll that forgiveness back.

I was under the public loan service forgiveness, my shyt is finito. Even if they try to reverse it I ain’t never paying that bitxh

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I was under the public loan service forgiveness, my shyt is finito. Even if they try to reverse it I ain’t never paying that bitxh

You should be fine then, this is just the income-based one.

Republicans in Congress actually passed a resolution to end the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program in May of last year, but Biden vetoed it.