RepubliCACs are deadass just shipping migrants cross-country. Ron DeSantis sends 50 immigrants to Martha's Vineyard (UP: MIGRANTS SUE HIM)

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
:why:

The migrants touched down at about 3:15 p.m. local time. Later Wednesday, a spokesperson for DeSantis sent a statement to NPR and other news outlets confirming that the migrants were transported by Florida under a state program that was funded by the legislature earlier this year. The statement reads in part: "States like Massachusetts, New York and California will better facilitate the care of these individuals who they have invited into our country by incentivizing illegal immigration."

NPR confirmed that a plane originated in San Antonio, made a stop in Florida and then another stop in South Carolina before flying on to Martha's Vineyard. But apart from that layover, the migrants NPR interviewed had not spent time in Florida.

The unannounced flight drew anger from Massachusetts officials.

"We have the governor of Florida ... hatching a secret plot to send immigrant families like cattle on an airplane," said state Sen. Dylan Fernandes, who represents Martha's Vineyard. "Ship them women and children to a place they weren't told where they were going and never alerted local officials and people on the ground here that they were coming. It is an incredibly inhumane and depraved thing to do."

Martha's Vineyard has a reputation as a destination for the progressive elite, and DeSantis has been regularly bringing up the island enclave at his press conferences. Republican governors in Texas and Arizona have also been transporting migrants from the border to northern cities at taxpayer expense.

These nikkas literally do not care about human lives

UPDATE:

Driving the news: “These are just the beginning efforts,” DeSantis said, per CNN. “We’ve got an infrastructure in place now. There’s going to be a lot more that’s happening.”

• Florida has set aside $12 million to relocate migrants from the state. DeSantis said Friday he would use “every penny” of the money "to protect Florida." The money covered the cost of buses and will cover “likely more” flights, DeSantis said, per CNN.
UPDATE x2:

The undocumented migrants flown to Martha's Vineyard last week filed a class action lawsuit Tuesday against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and other Florida officials.

Driving the news: The migrants allege in the complaint that some were given misleading information promising cash assistance, employment services and housing assistance, which they called "bold-faced lies."

• The migrants said they escaped a humanitarian crisis in Venezuela for DeSantis to use them as "pawns in a political stunt."

Last edited:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
1. They are migrants,

2. Why do you act as though they were boxed up and mailed out rather than put on a plane?

Because I'm not a cac or an agent so when I see people being loaded up and shipped around the country for political gain my first thought is of slave ships and not "yeah they have it coming"

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Superstar
Daps
Because I'm not a cac or an agent so when I see people being loaded up and shipped around the country for political gain my first thought is of slave ships and not "yeah they have it coming"
So you see things through a lens rather than as they are. Have you been to Martha’s Vineyard? Have you been to Florida? Where would you prefer to be if given the choice? Do you think these migrants had the idea that Texas is where they want to go or do you think they are migrants and open to being in the more hospitable environment?

Think breh, this was probably the most comfortable travel time they’ve had on their entire trip

Stop politicizing

Last edited:

invalid

Banned
Daps
So you things through a lens rather than as they are. Have you been to Martha’s Vineyard? Have you been to Texas? Where would you prefer to be if given the choice? Do you think these migrants had the idea that Texas is where they want to go or do you think they are migrants and open to being in the more hospitable environment?

Yes, it's a very hospitable environment but it's very very expensive. Because it's an island, everything has to be imported so the cost of basic items sell at higher cost.

The upside is there are a lot of manicured lawns and gardens that need upkeep so they will have no problem finding work in landscaping. I'm assuming the landscaping companies are overjoyed at the prospect of an influx of new workers they can pay for the low. Also, the myriad of restaurants and bars probably could use help too. They will probably get a lot in tips.

However, the summer season is basically over so island visitors are dieing down going into the winter months.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Martha's Vineyard has a reputation as a destination for the progressive elite, and DeSantis has been regularly bringing up the island enclave at his press conferences. Republican governors in Texas and Arizona have also been transporting migrants from the border to northern cities at taxpayer expense.

He frequently mentions MVY but is quiet on ACK which is right next door and has the reputation as a destination for the conservative elite. Of course, he wouldn't send them there.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
So you things through a lens rather than as they are. Have you been to Martha’s Vineyard? Have you been to Texas? Where would you prefer to be if given the choice? Do you think these migrants had the idea that Texas is where they want to go or do you think they are migrants and open to being in the more hospitable environment?

Think breh, this was probably the most comfortable travel time they’ve had on their entire trip

Stop politicizing

Everything in life is political if you live in a society. You say I'm not seeing things as they are, as if its just a coincidence red states are shipping migrants to blue states?

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Superstar
Daps
Everything in life is political if you live in a society. You say I'm not seeing things as they are, as if its just a coincidence red states are shipping migrants to blue states?
Well … it’s not a coincidence. These are policy choices and the policies that affect society, are politicized, policy is actually the same root word as politics

But let’s think about this for a second

Contrary to popular belief, this country doesn’t have elected leaders … it has elected representatives

So if the people of Florida, a red state have policies that prevent this in their state but there is a blue state open to hosting these people

Well I guess that just sorted itself out then :manny:

Welcome to Martha’s Vineyard muhhfukkaz, time to start Keeping Up with the Kennedy’s now

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Superstar
Daps
It probably cost the tax payers of Florida so much money for DeSantis to pull this political stunt.
Well yeah, normally they could’ve just been put on a plane but government always has a way to get into excessive spending of its subjects’ tax dollars by pursuing bureaucratic policies and being as inefficient as possible.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I can't hate it. The Democrats rhetoric all but condones illegal immigration and border towns have to deal with the influx of illegal crossings in their area.

So, the people who are most gungho in pushing all the rhetoric that stops short of condoning it now have to deal with it instead of the folks who don't care for it. Then all of a sudden they are like :whoa::whoa::whoa:

Democrats need to get rid of their bullshyt rhetoric as it relates to this issue. If not only because these people tend to be antiblack.

Last edited: