Reports Square Enix takes huge financial hit due to Marvel’s Avengers game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yikes, I planned on purchasing after the “next gen” update. Hopefully that’s still coming...

Yeah, i think they said they were taking their time to fix it and make it as good as possible, same thing that happened to anthem and fallout 76.

Companies need to realize not everything is gonna be successful as destiny. I think those two new Batman games might end up in a similar postion

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
welp...

time for my monthly reminder of what Shawn said not too long ago.

"Another factor to take into consideration is the increased cost of next-generation game development. Shawn Layden, former head of Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios, recently stated that AAA game development isn’t sustainable, suggesting that game length and pricing will need to be adjusted in the next video game console generation. According to Layden, the cost of development doubles with every new console generation, with current big-budget games costing between $80 million USD (about $108 million CAD) and $150 million USD (roughly $203 million CAD).

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: It looks like next-gen video games will cost $90 in Canada"

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, i think they said they were taking their time to fix it and make it as good as possible, same thing that happened to anthem and fallout 76.

Companies need to realize not everything is gonna be successful as destiny. I think those two new Batman games might end up in a similar postion

You mean the suicide squad game? That’s a live service game? I think the Gotham game is more like the latest AC titles(in terms of quasi RPG elements) with co-op elements instead of the sandbox repetitive gaas like avengers

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Low key glad this shyt blew up in their face. :ehh:

Not for square Enix but for Disney/ Marvel's sake. Ever since MCU has turned into a cash cow, Marvel has neglected alot of their comics material in other forms of media and only focused on the film versions of heroes and as result every game they have dropped during this run has been :trash:

MvC:I :scust:
MUA3 :snoop:
Avengers :pacspit:

I'm glad they never tried a new X-men game, that would just be trash too :hhh:

Spiderman is the only Marvel franchise/hero thats been consistently dope. And ironicly we can thank Sony for that :whew: :blessed:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You mean the suicide squad game? That’s a live service game? I think the Gotham game is more like the latest AC titles(in terms of quasi RPG elements) with co-op elements instead of the sandbox repetitive gaas like avengers

I guess well see. If i see co-op story games these days I’m always gonna assume theres some GAAS bs going on with it. If it’s an actual fully realized campaign with beginning and end then I’ll hold the L.

Same goes for suicide Squad but the way they described it came off a lot like avengers

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Low key glad this shyt blew up in their face. :ehh:

Not for square Enix but for Disney/ Marvel's sake. Ever since MCU has turned into a cash cow, Marvel has neglected alot of their comics material in other forms of media and only focused on the film versions of heroes and as result every game they have dropped during this run has been :trash:

MvC:I :scust:
MUA3 :snoop:
Avengers :pacspit:

I'm glad they never tried a new X-men game, that would just be trash too :hhh:

Spiderman is the only Marvel franchise/hero thats been consistently dope. And ironicly we can thank Sony for that :whew: :blessed:

100 if you look at the Concept Art in MvCi it’s obvious they were going for Saturday morning cartoon vibe. Marvel became waaay too controlling with their IPs this gen. Hopefully they let these devs especially Japan become have more artistic freedom.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
shyt was ripoff anyways,glad it flopped. You couldn't even replay the main single player campaign.
for people who don't really fukk with online gaming that means i got charged full game price for what was essentially a rental.
I completed the game once and couldn't play it anymore. it's one thing not having new game plus, but not having new game at all? :mindblown: corporate greed was in full effect. and i was actually hoping for story based dlc's

Last edited:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Had no interest in this game but bought it because my two buddies who I always play with were playing. Game wasn’t really fun (basically Destiny with licensed super heroes) and seems “empty”.

they need more content. And to not release as a buggy POS at launch