Report: The Walking Dead developer Telltale Games closing down

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
And no gaming outlet ever mentioned these problems and continued to treat them like little darlings which is another reason why gaming journalism is still a joke. You would read all these stellar reviews and award nominations of TG while if you look for player reviews it would be a lot of average reviews or complaints about how buggy their games were

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Gawddamn no wonder they're dead!:picard:

ZqRGKJa.png
:francis:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
VISUAL NOVEL WITH QUICK TIME EVENTS fukk OUTTA HERE !

:bryan:
the shytty visual novels on steam are better made and cheaper than the shyt telltale churned out :yeshrug:
This company has been dead to me since all the lead developers for Tales From The Borderlands left and it wasn't getting a sequel. To me that's still their best game. I'll never forget that finger gun shootout.
i actually did like that game

but you know what i hated the most? waiting fukking months to get the next chapter - and having to pay for it too

don't know who the fukk thought that was gonna work out long term

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hmm... I only liked twd. They only have the recent and season 1 for switch out. Hopefully they drop the rest.

ColiBomaye

All Star
Daps
Wow. I vaguely recalled a couple articles here and there about layoffs and all that, but I never expected TellTale to go 0-100 into bankruptcy so fast.

They were pioneers of their craft, but the writing was always on the wall if you payed attention. They were a small-ish game studio, but they bit off more than they can chew with by working on all those IPs at the same time. It also didn't help that they never bothered to upgrade their engine or keep their writing on a consistent level after TWD Season 1.

At least studios like Dontnod and Quantic Dream can fill the space that Telltale left behind. Still, it's really unfortunate that they had to go out like this.

Ya'll think they're gonna have a Going Out of Business sale soon? Tryna cop some of their games for the low :mjlit: