Reparations have become the latest target for conservative activists. Advocates say they are prepared to fight back

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
who said anything about the federal level? or does your dumbass think dems and repubs only exist at that level

from local, to state, to federal, black people vote overwhelmingly democrat. all i said is this is the time to work for those votes. you retards are losing your shyt because i dare to question the efficacy of democrats relative to republicans. if republicans are the clear and present danger, what are democrats doing, on all levels, to mitigate them?

evanston's mayor is a democrat, the city has voted democrat at 80%+ for the last 4 elections. it's about 20% black and this program has been going on for years. asking why it's being successfully challenged by a conservative "activist" group and why its democratically elected officials are toothless is a rational thing to do.

but go off, professor. we're the dumbasses here
:francis:Biden has been mentioned in this thread. Don't be blind to some people using this local issue as a soapbox for the broader DNC.

Also, the bolded is where you fukked up basically doing the same thing. The lawsuit has *just* popped up on may 23rd, so what is this thing about them being toothless? This is new. Also, you want to know something else?

This is the case. Assigned to judge John F. Kness.

John Fitzgerald Kness is a judge on the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He was nominated by President Donald Trump (R) on June 24, 2019.[1] The United States Senate confirmed Kness on February 12, 2020, by a vote of 81-12.[2] To see a full list of judges appointed by Donald Trump, click here.

Soooooo while judges are meant to be non-partisan, he is a Trump appointee that may affect Evanston's reparations effort. This is being decided in a Federal District court in Illinois, so it isn't something that Evanston residents desires can override. This case literally sets precedent, and a Trump appointee has it.
So, again, what does this have to do with the democratically elected officials? This same activist group failed the first time and succeeded the second time on getting a case that may be heard but its not currently being deliberated as it literally just filed less than 30 days ago.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dahell: The democrats were probably the ones who started the reparations program there in the first place.
Not probably, they did. I don't get the "Democrats do nothing" shyt which then when some Dems make an attempt to do exactly what folks want, Republicans come doing what they do, Dems gotta take the slander. The case was just filed and folks show their whole cynical ass.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
:francis:Biden has been mentioned in this thread. Don't be blind to some people using this local issue as a soapbox for the broader DNC.

Also, the bolded is where you fukked up basically doing the same thing. The lawsuit has *just* popped up on may 23rd, so what is this thing about them being toothless? This is new. Also, you want to know something else?

This is the case. Assigned to judge John F. Kness.

Soooooo while judges are meant to be non-partisan, he is a Trump appointee that may affect Evanston's reparations effort. This is being decided in a Federal District court in Illinois, so it isn't something that Evanston residents desires can override. This case literally sets precedent, and a Trump appointee has it.
So, again, what does this have to do with the democratically elected officials? This same activist group failed the first time and succeeded the second time on getting a case that may be heard but its not currently being deliberated as it literally just filed less than 30 days ago.
Brother I don't think this helps your point. He was a Trump nominee, not appointee.

He got the votes of both Democrats AND Republicans. All 12 nays were democrats. You just know if the reverse was happening all Republicans would vote nay to frustrate the president. Yet here we are, the Dems working with Republicans on shytty Trump nominees.

Again, all I'm asking is why we don't see Democrats as spirited and fired up about repeling this attack on reparations for constituents that have been reliable for 60 years

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brother I don't think this helps your point. He was a Trump nominee, not appointee.
And if he is not nominated, can they conjure him out of thin air? Trump nominated him, he was voted in (yay by 29 Dems, 12 nays, unanimous Rs). If you check the record of any judges, especially before more recent polarization, a bunch are nominated with some bipartisan votes because these are meant to be non-partisan positions. Meant to be and actually are can be two different things. If Trump wasn't in office, that guy may not have been the nominee. You made a distinction without a real difference.
He got the votes of both Democrats AND Republicans. All 12 nays were democrats. You just know if the reverse was happening all Republicans would vote nay to frustrate the president. Yet here we are, the Dems working with Republicans on shytty Trump nominees.

This is the thing, we don't know if he is a shytty judge, we just know that Reparations is finally up in the judicial spotlight and we may have a problem. Elections have consequences and this is a consequence of Trump winning. Also, talking about those 29 yays as if they were the deciding votes. If all 41 Dems who voted went nay, he still has 51 republicans and 1 independent to say yes. His voting record may be stellar but this is where the rubber meets the road.
Again, all I'm asking is why we don't see Democrats as spirited and fired up about repeling this attack on reparations for constituents that have been reliable for 60 years
What Democrats do you want to see fired up? You are expanding the scope for a local issue. And do you watch a 24/7 new cycle??? I honestly don't know who says what outside of Evanston. I work in Evanston so I see what happens locally, but if folks ain't local, what issue would this bump off of every politicians plates to support it first? The issue just hit the courts. It was successfully applied for 3 years. What Democrats do you want to support it?

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Exactly,I dont blame the Dems in the sense they can stop anybody racist/petty enough to sue. But I just dont see how it would be any different with Democrats in office. Would idiots suddenly be unable to sue? Sounds like some brainstorming is needed that they arent committed too. They sure will get that money to Ukraine and Israel though. Poured drugs into our communities to get money to the Contras. When it comes to politicians,It seems like where theres a will theres a way:respect:
Yeah you right. Dems and Republicans vote for and believe in the same things. The bills and voting records prove it. Thurgood Marshall dumb ass thought being a liberal Democrat meant something. :mjlol: One day Neo Nazi's and the KKK will realize this too.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah you right. Dems and Republicans vote for and believe in the same things. The bills and voting records prove it. Thurgood Marshall dumb ass thought being a liberal Democrat meant something. :mjlol: One day Neo Nazi's and the KKK will realize this too.

Instead of the sarcasm,explain how this would not have happened with Dems at the helm:mjlol:?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So are Democrats the ones who are striking down these efforts?

No,a conservative group is. But how would Democrats in office stop conservative groups from suing?

Yall already told us Democrats cant give black people anything specefically anyway. And in this thread told us theres nothing Democrats can do to stop it these lawsuits. So either way it goes ,black people will be getting whatever scraps fall off the table for the forseeable future it sounds like.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
No,a conservative group is. But how would Democrats in office stop conservative groups from suing?

Yall already told us Democrats cant give black people anything specefically anyway. And in this thread told us theres nothing Democrats can do to stop it these lawsuits. So either way it goes ,black people will be getting whatever scraps fall off the table for the forseeable future it sounds like.
Soooooo, who decides the outcome of lawsuits?