Reparations have become the latest target for conservative activists. Advocates say they are prepared to fight back

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I remember all the "reparations advocates" that were shytting on Evanston cause it wasn't On Brand with they created/follow

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
is there a legal fund thats on the other side we can donate to?
This is another local non-profit that assists in the Reparations efforts. They accept donations.

You can make donations and specify where they go and what purpose, up to and including the legal fund if you dig through the page.

There are other ways to support (namely the Mayor and his people on the counsel) but these more directly just go towards the efforts. You can also donate directly to the reparations fund itself but they doesn't solve these out of state cats trying to ruin this.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Jesus be a 4th grade civics course...Good God.

Funny how they always mention civics class but republican politicians work for their donors and voters... the dems work for who again???:jbhmm: I mean whats the point of voting for them in political positions of power if you do nothing for the people who got you there...:mjgrin: but hey what do we know we need a civics class and vote blue no matter who... :troll:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hit dogs holler breh.

Truthfully, the act of claiming to be for something without works is foolish and ignorant. Regardless of if you don't vote, inaction is still an action and there will be repercussions to be had either way. There isn't even an effort to put an onus on one party. It's the Democrats fault.

Case in point, there were 30 million eligible Black voters in 2020. Biden won 87% of our vote. Entertain for a second, every eligible voter that's black voted in 2020. That's 26 million as a high point. Biden had 81 million votes in total. We weren't even a third of their vote and financially, we represent much less. Allowing a republican in office is just a multiplier for sliding back policies via the courts. We may never see reparations in our lifetimes but the fight doesn't stop so that it may in our kids or their kids lives. Incremental progress has to be made. The world's richest man is a bigot and regularly spews and retweets racially incorrect and inflammatory things on his platform. The largest political news network in the country has armed and harmed most of America with disinformation for the better part of 30 years now.

Most of the Democrats that aren't black will be fine either way, Dem or GOP in office. It's us that isn't the case. Sad state of affairs, sure but to look at life any other way is to not take an accurate account of what is happening in this county and this world. Authoritarianism is on the rise, right-wing governments are on the rise. The Democratic Party, like it or not, are the last levee before all hell breaks loose in this country.

Usually before the levee breaks,people are warned that they may want to leave:respect:

If inaction is still an action,you would have to explain why we should vote Democrat. When most of this thread is just people telling us how they Democrats cant do shyt. Perhaps if yall would stop excusing them,they would come up with something. What about all that accross the isle wheeling and dealing Biden was supposedly known for? What about taking comprimising pictures and getting dirt on your enemies? What about inspiring speeches to appeal to your fellow man like Obama? Time to consider investing your action elsewhere. Yall want to put us to work while requiring no solutions or energy from the people you vote for.

Folks rreally got the audacity to ask us "What should the Dems do?". Meanwhile they holding meetings/think tanks trying to figure out how to get our votes. You think they are somewhere having meetings and strategizing about this shyt?But If theyve decided theres nothing they can do,ill take their word for it and assume theyve exhausted all options. Well,you did your best and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors:respect:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Funny how they always mention civics class but republican politicians work for their donors and voters... the dems work for who again???:jbhmm: I mean whats the point of voting for them in political positions of power if you do nothing for the people who got you there...:mjgrin: but hey what do we know we need a civics class and vote blue no matter who... :troll:

Exactly,I dont blame the Dems in the sense they can stop anybody racist/petty enough to sue. But I just dont see how it would be any different with Democrats in office. Would idiots suddenly be unable to sue? Sounds like some brainstorming is needed that they arent committed too. They sure will get that money to Ukraine and Israel though. Poured drugs into our communities to get money to the Contras. When it comes to politicians,It seems like where theres a will theres a way:respect:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
republicans attacking reparations so idk how u can defend them

"b-b-but the democrats": right now the republicans are reshaping the law to make it illegal to help black people, and they're doing that through the 6-3 supreme court that trump elected.

We are in the "mitigating damage" stage, which means that we want a democratic president in the oval office so we can replace some of the 6 republicacs and get shyt back on track. This is a medium/long term plan.
They are getting older and near retirement. If they get a republican president, theyll step down and we and our children will have to deal with this shyt for decades.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
why are you asking me? isn't it their job to know what to do? isn't that why we voted for them? :skip:

Exactly,I dont blame the Dems in the sense they can stop anybody racist/petty enough to sue. But I just dont see how it would be any different with Democrats in office. Would idiots suddenly be unable to sue? Sounds like some brainstorming is needed that they arent committed too. They sure will get that money to Ukraine and Israel though. Poured drugs into our communities to get money to the Contras. When it comes to politicians,It seems like where theres a will theres a way:respect:

biden got our back. i’m not worried one iota.

:troll:

You dumbasses do realize this is happening at a local & not the national level right?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You dumbasses do realize this is happening at a local & not the national level right?

You a$$holes know the democrats on capitol hill can put their weight behind things on a federal level like they do for everyone else right???:mjgrin: but hey whatever you say bruh..

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
who said anything about the federal level? or does your dumbass think dems and repubs only exist at that level

from local, to state, to federal, black people vote overwhelmingly democrat. all i said is this is the time to work for those votes. you retards are losing your shyt because i dare to question the efficacy of democrats relative to republicans. if republicans are the clear and present danger, what are democrats doing, on all levels, to mitigate them?

evanston's mayor is a democrat, the city has voted democrat at 80%+ for the last 4 elections. it's about 20% black and this program has been going on for years. asking why it's being successfully challenged by a conservative "activist" group and why its democratically elected officials are toothless is a rational thing to do.

but go off, professor. we're the dumbasses here

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

A conservative group’s lawsuit against a reparations program in Evanston, Illinois, that provides some Black residents with cash payments and housing assistance, has left advocates for reparations worried this could be the first of many attacks on their efforts to redress the harms of slavery, segregation and systemic racism in the United States.

For the tangibles squad, are y'all on the front lines here or not? :sas2:
shyt is a pipedream