Renfield’ Will Bring Nicolas Cage’s Dracula to Theaters in Spring 2023

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Filming is underway on Universal Monsters movie Renfield, and today we’ve learned that the film will be arriving in theaters next Spring. Renfield comes to theaters on April 14, 2023.

Universal Pictures has enlisted Nicolas Cage to play Count Dracula in the upcoming feature film Renfield, based on an original pitch from “The Walking Dead” creator Robert Kirkman. Chris McKay (The Tomorrow War) is directing the movie, with Nicholas Hoult (Warm Bodies, Mad Max: Fury Road) on board to star as the central character, Dracula’s henchman.

The film is said to be a “modern-day adventure story that is comedic in tone.”

“The film centers on Renfield (Hoult), who has grown sick and tired of his centuries as Dracula’s (Cage) lackey. The henchman finds a new lease on life and maybe even redemption when he falls for feisty, perennially angry traffic cop Rebecca Quincy (Awkwafina).”

Ben Schwartz, Adrian Martinez, Shohreh Aghdashloo and Bess Rouss also star.

Nicolas Cage recently teased his Dracula in Renfield, noting that the character’s movements have been inspired by horror films including Ringu and even James Wan’s Malignant

‘Renfield’ Will Bring Nicolas Cage’s Dracula to Theaters in Spring 2023

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
This is Nic Cage. We have no idea what this is going to be. Dude turns in 110% about a movie about a pig.

I got no interest in watching Nic Cage twitch his way through playing Dracula.

I'd be happier if he did make a movie about a pig, and I say that as someone who likes Nic Cage. Just not as Dracula.

Last edited:

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
I'm down for this but I actually really rocked with Dracula Untold.

Flawed yes, but they shouldn't have given up on that.

I watched it for the first time just a few months ago

It was dope :wow:

I wish they would do a sequel

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I'm reminded of that one quote from Ed Wood:

ED WOOD: "You know, I saw you perform "Dracula." In Poughkeepsie, in 1938. :yes:"
BELA LAGOSI: "That was a terrible production. Renfield was a drunk! :hhh:"
ED: "I thought it was great. :ehh: You were much scarier in real life than you were in the movie.
BELA: "Thank you. :smugdraper:"