Remember when Austin Took his ball and went home.......

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils
:patrice: guys are juelzing hard in this thread Stone Cold was ice cold in the first half of 2002, he was really in the same boat as Hoegan, this Smackdown match was memorable too when Brock hoed Hoegan out like that I knew there was no way Vince was going to get cold feet. But WWE could have done better with the Brock build up and milked more money out of it on his way to the Undisputed title.

For one the Brock v Austin match should have been the final of that King of the Ring instead of a qualifying match. That run should have been Austin's Mama Said Knock You Out :manny: just have him on some "you motherfukkers must have forgot who I am" shyt and say he's going to go back to the basics and back to where it all began for him (the whole Austin 3:16 thing at the 96 KOTR), he then beats some guys en route to the final, have JR talk about it like its some homecoming, make it the main event, have Austin run up on Undertaker and Triple H during the course of the night and let them know he has unfinished business with them and he's coming for whoever wins the belt, make the whole event about Austin and then boom have Lesnar destroy him in the final, like take all the air out of the room destruction. Have Lesnar run through Hoegan at Vengeance and then have him beat Rocky at Summerslam. Easy money. That's a GOAT tier 3 PPV run for Brock and would have been better than him just beating up RVD for 2 months.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hogan was promised a rematch where he'd get his win back at Survivor Series 2002 in order to agree to this iirc, but then Vince was like sorry pal, which led to his return getting delayed until 2003.

they just wanted to beat Austin on Raw in a king of the ring qualifying match. no later program or anything, cold. unadvertised ahead of time. Austin was right to say fukk yall and your hotshotting.

Maybe Vince learned from the Austin situation and that's why he promised Hogan his win back :ohhh:

Reading this thread, it's crazy to think how stacked the 2002 roster was. Vince could legitimately act like Hogan and Austin were expendable.

Last edited:

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Dude was jaded at that point in his career. Struggled for YEARS and just when he is on the rise, gets a major injury. Perseveres through that to become the biggest star in the industry. You’ve heard multiple people say it, hogan was a “get back to the hotel for room service” champion and Austin was a “close the show every time” champion. Austin took his shyt seriously. So he has to get surgery and be out for 10 months while the company does huge business. Comes back and has some great moments but is a little colder than before. By early 02 he did not have the juice of 98 stone cold. I think by 2002 his neck was so bad that he couldn’t do his entrance without his legs damn near giving out. He knew the end was near.

I say all that to say, he was not in a logical state of mind by any stretch at this point in his career. Looking back who the fukk cares if he would’ve lost that match on raw but at the time he was going thru it

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Austin never had a problem doing business unless it was personal like Jarrett (I also think the Foley transitional run to Trips was personal but hes never admitted it…he had reasons to hate the Kliq like everybody else)

His issue was doing it on free TV

Daps
Maybe Vince learned from the Austin situation and that's why he promised Hogan his win back :ohhh:

Reading this thread, it's crazy to think how stacked the 2002 roster was. Vince could legitimately act like Hogan and Austin were expendable.
CM Punk when Vince tells him "I owe you one" :mjcry: