Remember when Austin Took his ball and went home.......

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting how so many here are ride or die for the redneck MAGA racist Stone Cold :mjpls:

And no MAGA Austin was not the biggest wrestling box office draw in wrestling history The Rock is and always was

RVD was more over then Austin in 2002

King Ka$h

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Anything and Everything
I’d have done the same thing.:manny:
Wrestlers need to say “no” more, but if you do that nowadays you’re called a diva and hard to work with so the talent just bites their tongue and ends up in dumb shyt.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Austin jobbing to completely non-established Brock in round one of the KOTR on Raw with no hype is different than Hogan getting crushed by Brock post KOTR, 3 weeks out from headlining an ultra stacked Summerslam and taking the title off of The Rock and becoming the face of the company with little to no hype. Particularly as Austin was still a full time active talent and Hogan was at the end of his nostalgia run and wouldn't be back for 6 months.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In order to get Hogan to do that they supposedly had to promise him that he'd come back in November and win the belt over Brock. Hogan at the time was still over but it wasn't Hogan/Rock reactions every night. On that roster by that time he was another big star but not THAT special.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Hogan was promised a rematch where he'd get his win back at Survivor Series 2002 in order to agree to this iirc, but then Vince was like sorry pal, which led to his return getting delayed until 2003.

they just wanted to beat Austin on Raw in a king of the ring qualifying match. no later program or anything, cold. unadvertised ahead of time. Austin was right to say fukk yall and your hotshotting.

In order to get Hogan to do that they supposedly had to promise him that he'd come back in November and win the belt over Brock. Hogan at the time was still over but it wasn't Hogan/Rock reactions every night. On that roster by that time he was another big star but not THAT special.
This is why i originally made the thread...it wasnt just to shyt on Austin for being a Diva...it was me being impressed that Hoegan(of all peope) laid down for Young Brock
And then wondering just what the fukk they had to promise the Hulkkkster to get him to lay down for Lesnar like that:whoo:

Aint no way his ass just did it outta the kindness of his heart and his deep love of the business:heh:

They had to promise him something on the back end...

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This
And based on the responses in this thread, thats all it was....and thats probably why he's ashamed of it to this day

Real HBK-ish lol.....lost his smile n shyt:mjlol:

I'll never forget the image of Lesnar Bearhugging the life outta Hoegan:ohhh:..but apparently only me and the thousands of people in the building saw it and remembers it happened huh?:stopitslime::shaq2:

Thats why he left....because he had no argument as to why he shouldn't do that damn job lol....other than
"Im Stone Cold Steve Austin and im a Star!"

And in 2002 WWF soon to be WWE....that lil 90's star power aint gonna cut it bro, the business is moving on....you coming?
Good, now go do the MF Job Steve:pachaha:

Austin was a relic of the 90s by 2002. And I love Austin but lets be real

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Austin was a relic of the 90s by 2002. And I love Austin but lets be real
It’s actually kinda crazy how short Austin’s run was as the top guy. He arrived in 96, didn’t main event until 98, got hurt in 99, missed 2000, came back to bad angles in 2001, walked out in 2002, retired in 2003.

I guess he was like Biggie in the sense that what he did was so impactful it felt like he was on top the entire decade

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
This. His nostalgia run didn’t translate to ratings the way they had hoped, that’s why they pulled the plug on it so fast. Rating dropped and Hoegan took the blame (which might’ve had more to do with the brand split) and to Taker the belt went after.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps

OP is the exact kind of mark Vince & JR were aiming for when they produced that smear campaign :mjlol:
First of all breh, i cut that shyt off after 2 seconds
And i should neg you for putting that neckbeard shyt in my YouTube algorithms frfr, c'mon dawg:stopitslime:
that shyt 17 mins and 40 seconds longer than anything id ever watch talking about wrasslin........:stopitslime: I watch wrestling and well put together documentaries about wrasslin:hubie:

But Podcasts, Twitter, Twitch etc...:francis:
Miss me with all that:camby:

Secondly i made the thread because i really liked this match as a kid( how many times you see Hoegan get powerbombed off the top rope?)
But as an adult learning how these guys politic i was shocked that Hoegan did this and then i remembered Austin refused to do something similar because.......why?

He was being a damn premadonna:pachaha:

Sitting At the crib in Texas, Lookin At the phone wondering why Vince aint calling:gladbron::skip: