Remember recording your favorite shows from TV to VHS?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Yeah man. I remember back in the day my dad used to Set the timer to record his stories, and my sister changed the channel to BET. He came home from work to see Juvenile, talmbout “back that ass up”, on his tape, and was pissed.
:mjlol:
Meaning NO disrespect at all, did you just type the words "dad" and stories" in the same sentence?

jesse_and_angie.jpg

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Had plenty of movies on vhs back when we had the hook up on ppv with the black box. Prolly might still have some up in the attic or garage. Crazy how we went from waiting and hoping they showed a movie on tv so we can save it forever, to just having to look for it ourselves now and saving it forever. :wow:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
"but it's The Mack"........was the funniest line

good story

if you were on the islands, I know the heat and humidity wrecked havoc on the vcrs

You'd think that would be the case, but Caribbean houses and the Caribbean on a whole isn't anywhere near as hot and humid as say New York or Phoenix since we have a constant supply of Island breeze wafting off the ocean.

A ruined VCR normally came at the hands of power surges and user error. Like when folks didn't know about cleaning the spools or altering the tacking to get rid of snow and they'd just keep wailing on the machine, hoping to fix it. I had a friend who's father used to spray WD-40 into the flap thinking that shyt was 'rusty' and needed 'greasing'. :snoop: Over the years the local cat that used to fix appliances back in the day just had shyt that came from that household piled up on the side 'cause of his ignorance.