Remember recording your favorite shows from TV to VHS?

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
being broke and having to record on SLP to stretch out your money..................even though the quality was lower

I used to record a Puerto Rican version of Benny Hill called "No Te Duermas" because they had half naked chicks running around

:mindblown: what kinda me too thing did I just watch. :ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd: 90s the goat era :noah:

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
when you played the tape to much
GTY_vcr_vhs_tape_jt_160722_16x9_992.jpg
Damn That was the worst . All that work for nothing :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Recording Mighty Morphin power rangers :blessed:I remember my mom recording Home Alone 2 for me when it debut on HBO. Used to wear the tape down lol. Soul Train Award shows, sporting events, Raw is war and Nitro, MTV MJ marathons. What kind of stuff did y’all used to record. Do you still have the tapes?

I still have a couple tapes gotta find them bytches.

I had a BUNCH of NBA games, some Toonami/Adult Swim stuff, etc

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps

borrowing vcrs to dub

That scene always made me laugh harder 'cause my first copy of Friday was indeed a dub:mjlol:. Folk used to try and pull this shyt and 9/10 times it would always end up in tears 'cause you'd either get your VCR wrecked, get the spools all fukked up or bent, or folk would straight up just look to swap your machine with another one that don't work, thinking ' cause they handed it to you looking clean on your porch and walked off, shyt was sweet.

inni_ovenfra.jpg

My uncle used to burn his initials someplace safe within all his machines just so he could roll up on fools and swing if they tried to swap out they shyts for his, 'cause at the time there was little to no diversity in brands for us, since we live on a small island that imports everything and only got like one or two electronic stores.

Was damn near a VCR Repairman as a kid, when he gave me one of his old machines, I used to record so much shyt and wear out the components.:wow:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
That scene always made me laugh harder 'cause my first copy of Friday was indeed a dub:mjlol:. Folk used to try and pull this shyt and 9/10 times it would always end up in tears 'cause you'd either get your VCR wrecked, get the spools all fukked up or bent, or folk would straight up just look to swap your machine with another one that don't work, thinking ' cause they handed it to you looking clean on your porch and walked off, shyt was sweet.

inni_ovenfra.jpg

My uncle used to burn his initials someplace safe within all his machines just so he could roll up on fools and swing if they tried to swap out they shyts for his, 'cause at the time there was little to no diversity in brands for us, since we live on a small island that imports everything and only got like one or two electronic stores.

Was damn near a VCR Repairman as a kid, when he gave me one of his old machines, I used to record so much shyt and wear out the components.:wow:

"but it's The Mack"........was the funniest line

good story

if you were on the islands, I know the heat and humidity wrecked havoc on the vcrs

Last edited:
Daps
I taped something, and accidentally sat on the remote and flipped to the Pay Per View preview channel for a few seconds.

Then, a few weeks later I brought the tape to school to watch in a class party, forgot about the channel flip, and when the screen changed, everyone, including the teacher looked at me like,

:gucci: :mjtf: :merchant::usure::ld::dahell::wtf::rudy:

I was embarrassed.

:snoop: