Remember Getting Ready To Go To The Club??

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I’ve never been to a club. The closest thing to a club, that I experienced, was learning to square dance in elementary school. I also have never consumed alcohol either. Sounds like an interesting experience though. Cool!
Bro your life sound mad boring
Are you happy?

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
There nothing like rubbing that thang on a shawtys back to the beat :wow:

Partying as a yb way before covid, 2012-2016 was goated. Cant imagine spending my early 20s in this social climate.
2012 to 2016 was def goated
Social media was not on steroids back then

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Theres nothing boring about living above the influence. I’m satisfied.
But it’s not just liquor, you also never been to a club, plenty of people have fun at clubs without alcohol.
It’s like everyone experienced childhood but sounds like you missed out on your teen years.

Those clubbin days are chock full of memories for most people just like childhood!

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Man I’m drinking some whisky & smoking a blunt as plans got ruined tonight.

Then I see this video, look at her when she 18
Y’all remember this? Now I’m drunkenly thinking of my youth & all the fun times
JUST THE 18 PART, NOT THE OTHER ONES!!

Remember that?
The last time I was drinking down memory lane I was watching Al B Sure music videos & thought all his moves are gay, then I was like man I didn’t think they were gay growing up…
Then that was the first time I felt old

Now after missing those days getting ready for the club I realize time changed now too
You can’t just grab a stranger start winding on her booty like back in the days - yes we were able to do that back then.

I miss the old days man….

Glad it's a chick in the OP cause getting ready was their thing. If you were a man "getting ready" you were doing too much. Get dressed and let's go!

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
But it’s not just liquor, you also never been to a club, plenty of people have fun at clubs without alcohol.
It’s like everyone experienced childhood but sounds like you missed out on your teen years.

Those clubbin days are chock full of memories for most people just like childhood!
I can’t miss anything that I’ve never experienced. I’ve also never been to a concert, or a play, or skydiving…these are all experiences that I’ve never had. So how can I miss them? I’ve had my own experiences that I look back on fondly. Again, I’m satisfied.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Glad it's a chick in the OP cause getting ready was their thing. If you were a man "getting ready" you were doing too much. Get dressed and let's go!
Nahhhhh
You gotta shower, brush your teeth, maybe use some breath rinse, cologne, fix your hair & decide what to wear. Ect…

I’m guessing you didn’t wear buttoned up dress shirts at the club

Last edited:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I remember leaving for the club at 10pm on Friday nights in Baltimore and returning home Saturday mornings at 8am. Being home from college and having the freedom of an adult without responsibilities during the summer was so much fun in the early 90s.

I see some pictures floating around of the young clubbing scene now, and I really have to question why any of you spend money to go to the clubs. Most of the time I see people posted up drinking in VIP sections or looking into their phones surrounding the dance floor. Looks really sad and boring.

I will tell you this. We older folks are still having fun in the clubs, listening to good music and dancing with each other. We do not go out as much as when we were young, but we normally get to a 35+ club once every few months.

Basically all of this with some tweaks and variations..
I can't recognize today's scene, it's alien to me like something out the twilight zone.

I was a teen in the 90s and we were dancing hard!
The vibe was just different, when house was played next to hiphop and rnb..actually taking a shower, ironing then dressing up, cologne and using the house phone for final recon to meet the boys at one common place nearby because no cell phones.
We didn't have cars so needed someone to steal the family car, or wed go to the rink where everyone went first before the clubs and hitch rides there.

shyt went downhill all the way down to hell sometime in the early 2000s when 'profiling' or being a statue became a thing. When they disrespected dancing in latter hiphop they removed a key component of natural Bladk culture from the music.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Club scene is weak now. I had broken up with my ex 3 years ago after a 3 year relationship and was single.

I'm young early 30s in Atlanta with a career imma live it up.

Nobody dances. Girls dance with girls. Fellas posted on the walls mean mugging. Everyone in their phones.

I get girls numbers and damn these hoes so boring. They can't communicate for shyt.
This the most annoying part about talking to certain chics. They literally don't have any personality or anything special Abt them. They act like everyone else. I just bush them when I see the conversation skills aren't up to snuff. Why even take you out if I'm dragging the conversation 90% of time.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
I know breh. Get dressed let's take these shots and let's hop in the Camry with the bottle

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Y’all old nikkas got it good. bytches just go with friends and dance with each other.