Regular season basketball in LA: Your Boss Angeles Lakers vs the Denver nuggets

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
fukk out of here. Gassed cause y'all beating up on a wack ass Mavericks team.

Side note: You live in OKC?

OKC being up 3-0 is pretty impressive. The Mavs played good in the first two games and OKC weathered the storm and pulled out both games at the end. Then they blow them out on the home court. I think OKC kinda deflated them because they played well in the first two games in OKC and still came up empty. OKC being up 3-0 on Dirk, Terry, Kidd and the defending champs > the Lakers being up 2-1 on the Nuggets in terms of impressiveness.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Nah not this year. They're missing Barea, Chandler and Stevenson whose energy gave the Lakers fits. They were nowhere near the same squad this year. Even Dirk ain't quite the same.
You act like the Mavs were favorites last year or something. No one had em winning shiit until they won it all.

They still match up favorably with the Lakers. They were unfortunate to run into the best team in the West, clicking on all cylinders and being down 0-3 doesn't come close to telling the whole story. Each of the first two games could have easily gone the other way and were decided in OKC's favor by a single, unlikely play.

Ritzy Sharon

Don't Make Me Pull The Oud Out
Daps
I HATE when we let bum as teams style on us.

My thoughts after the first two games. :jawalrus:

lol @ son leavin mcgee hangin :laugh:

k.gif

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nah not this year. They're missing Barea, Chandler and Stevenson whose energy gave the Lakers fits. They were nowhere near the same squad this year. Even Dirk ain't quite the same.

Chandler, yeah. Stevenson and Barea, meh, I think Carter and Delonte are an improvement. The Lakers won the season series against them last year too and in both years, just about every game was close. The Lakers might be up 2-1 if they had got that matchup instead but it definitely wouldn't be easy.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Chandler, yeah. Stevenson and Barea, meh, I think Carter and Delonte are an improvement. The Lakers won the season series against them last year too and in both years, just about every game was close. The Lakers might be up 2-1 if they had got that matchup instead but it definitely wouldn't be easy.

Barea KILLED the Lakers last year. Fisher nor Blake could handle dude. He broke down their defense big time whenever he was in the game.

Carter is a team killer. His whining and negative energy seems to kill teams. I do love Delonte on the team but he doesn't give them the raw energy of a Barea though.

I just haven't been impressed with the Mavs at all. I've been shocked they played the Thunder as close as they did the first two games.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Barea KILLED the Lakers last year. Fisher nor Blake could handle dude. He broke down their defense big time whenever he was in the game.

Carter is a team killer. His whining and negative energy seems to kill teams. I do love Delonte on the team but he doesn't give them the raw energy of a Barea though.

I just haven't been impressed with the Mavs at all. I've been shocked they played the Thunder as close as they did the first two games.

Again, statements like this don't mean anything because Laker fans "weren't impressed" with the Mavs last year either, all the way up through when they got swept. To this day yall act "not impressed" while pretending like the whole thing never happened last year so you can act like the Lakers were ever a better team.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Just got back from the game.

Why the fukk was Blake in the game so long?! Did they say anything about Barnes pissing off Brown on TV or something? shyt made no sense whatsoever. Every Denver offensive set started with attacking Blake and he didn't give them shyt on offense either.

Bynum dogged it the entire first half. He was shooting nothing but 3's and shyt during warm-ups. At least he woke up in the 2nd half until Brown ran him and Gasol into the ground by not giving them a break.

After McGee's third bucket of the first half, he was running back down the court shaking his head like "Bynum can't guard me." :laugh:

Kobe didn't shoot well, but he just missed some shots tonight.

Hill needs to get more run so he can body up Faried.

In the end though, they had their chances to steal this game, but just missed the big shots they needed. The back-to-back misses from Sessions' 5-foot floater and Kobe's wide-open 3 doomed them.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

I know Vince has his flaws, especially in :flabbynsick: form, but he can still score at least. I remember accusing Stevenson of being a mole in that series. He balled in the finals against the Heat but against the Lakers, all he was good for was dumb plays and turnovers. But that wide open 3 he banked in was :krs:

Barea was a pest but Delonte is just a better all around player. They'd probably be better if they had Chandler but Haywood can fukk up the paint defensively in short stretches. With Dirk, Vince, Delonte, Terry, and Kidd raining from the perimeter and Kidd and Marion locking up Kobe, they could still fukk shyt up.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Again, statements like this don't mean anything because Laker fans "weren't impressed" with the Mavs last year either, all the way up through when they got swept. To this day yall act "not impressed" while pretending like the whole thing never happened last year so you can act like the Lakers were ever a better team.

I wasn't impressed with the Lakers last year. The team was clearly flawed and not gelling. Going into the playoffs I expected them to lose early. Maybe not to the Mavs though. But that series definitely happened and the Mavs wanted it more. The Mavs played with crazy heart all during the playoffs and were just clicking as a team. Even before game 4 I can admit I thought the Lakers still had a shot in the series. But I learned the Mavs were a great well balanced team.

Still this year though just the upgrade from Fisher to Sessions and the Mavs downgrading overall to me is enough for me to theorize that the Lakers would beat them this year. Of course we won't find out now but I was seriously hoping the Lakers got them first round. I have respect for Denver and know that if they get the momentum going and get their confidence they're a bytch to beat.