Regal Cinemas wants you to die...will not require masks inside theaters

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
lEbG7Ct.jpg
Regal Cinemas now says it will open its multiplexes on August 21, two weeks before Tenet’s supposed debut. And they have unveiled a full page of “New Safety and Health Procedures” on their website — which includes innovations like new contactless payment and cleaning every seat and auditorium after each movie with “ULV foggers.” Employees will undergo daily health screenings and temperature checks, wash their hands regularly, and must wear masks.

The mask requirement extends to guests “in the lobby, hallways, and restrooms” — but not in the actual theaters themselves, where Regal’s site says they “can remove them inside the auditorium while eating and drinking.” (Regal’s concessions stands will be open, with a reduced menu and every other register closed to ensure social distancing.) If you believe masks help reduce the spread of coronavirus, particularly when spending extended periods of time indoors, Regal may not be the spot for you.

These are the additional safety rules listed for Regal’s auditoriums:

- Where required by state or county mandate, auditorium capacities will be reduced to 50%.

- Our reservation system will maintain two empty seats between groups (1 seat at recliner locations) to maintain proper social distancing throughout the movie.

- At theatres where performances are non-reserved, you will be requested to leave two seats between groups.

- Group sizes will only be limited where required by a state or county mandate.

Unless I’m reading that incorrectly, that means that if your local government doesn’t require Regal to cap ticket sales to ensure audiences can socially distance in their auditoriums, they’re not going to do it beyond leaving empty seats between different groups of guests. That could be good news for studios hoping to pack early screenings of their upcoming blockbusters like Tenet. That might not be such good news for move lovers hoping not to expose themselves to a potentially fatal disease.

Read More: Regal Will Not Require Masks in Auditoriums When They Reopen | Regal Will Not Require Masks in Auditoriums When They Reopen

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I'm probably going to eat/drink when I'm in the theater so the mask will be off a lot anyway, otherwise I'll still wear one. But truth be told there's not a lot I want to see at the cinema besides Candyman and Wonder Woman (which will both probably be moved.)

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Makes sense. Movie theaters make money on snacks, not ticket sales. Can't eat w/ a mask on so I can see why they did this.

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug:I just bought an HD projector off Amazon and made my own VIP theatre in my living room. Whole family is enjoying watching all the classics on the big screen in comfort. Snacks are cheaper too. Did a BTTF trilogy night. Gremlins/Gremlins 2 last night was:mjlit:. Tonight is TMNT 1 and 2.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
This was to be expected. The vast majority of profit comes from concession stands.

Opening theaters is a terrible idea though.