Reflecting on Brandon Roy's career

DIMES

Retired troll
Daps
Reppin
baby, that was the old me
IDK how this might get perceived but I think in just term of an aura of gliding on the court (might come off as low-effortness) and honestly just overall similar build/frame types, if Klay wanted to hit his maximum peak as an offensive player, he'd get in the gym with Brandon. Like whatever holes that are in Klay's game (other than consistency and want-to) scoring wise would be chiseled out in like two weeks with Roy.

Brandon Roy was a playmaker in the way James harden is.

Klay will never be one unfortunately. His skill set ceiling has been hit.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Curious tho, what made Pierce good? I cnt figure it out. But every year he put up good numbers. Boston was always trash so lets not act like he was great , until the 3 amigos arrived that is.

Only thing i can think of is his awkwardness and size.

Paul Pierce is one of the greatest scorer of al time, what your fukking mouth fakkit. Dont ever compare the 15th all-time scorer to a nikka who couldnt stay healthy.

Xbox One X

the kufi smacker
Daps
Reppin
Colifarnia
Paul Pierce is one of the greatest scorer of al time, what your fukking mouth fakkit. Dont ever compare the 15th all-time scorer to a nikka who couldnt stay healthy.
Stfu fakkit...i digressed the topic with my paul pierce question. Never compared the two bums. But Pierce is a player that i dnt understand...apparently it's his size, made him hard to guard. Too big for a 3, , too fast for a 4.

Ion no, But Pierce was a bum to me

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shooting 35% from three & 42% from the field :pachaha:

Booker doesn't even touch the stroke or even the athleticism of a young Ray Allen.

Booker's only 20 yrs old with a 70 point game under his belt.

Allen didn't even enter the league until he was 21.

Allen's first 2 years, he shot 42.9% from the field and 37% from 3pt range

He was definitely more athletic than D Book, tho

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Curious tho, what made Pierce good? I cnt figure it out. But every year he put up good numbers. Boston was always trash so lets not act like he was great , until the 3 amigos arrived that is.

Only thing i can think of is his awkwardness and size.

Pierce is one of the best ISO players the game has ever seen.

His craftiness/clutch factors were off the charts.

I see a lil bit of that in Booker.Not ultra athletic

but he's very crafty/smart.Know's how to create space for himself.

Plus he's proven to be pretty damn clutch so far in his young career.

Boogie

Big Homie
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
nikkas be so quick to hate on here. Nobody said he was the goat we saying what if :what:

He was a solid player improving every year and injuries took him out before his prime.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Stfu fakkit...i digressed the topic with my paul pierce question. Never compared the two bums. But Pierce is a player that i dnt understand...apparently it's his size, made him hard to guard. Too big for a 3, , too fast for a 4.

Ion no, But Pierce was a bum to me
Pierce before the big 4 is a bum to most people, dont worry about that troll

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A poor mans Ray Allen.
His style of play reminds me of him.
Ray Allen vs. Devin Booker Comparison

:manny:

“I love Devin Booker, man,” Durant told Bill Simmons on a podcast this week. “He love the game and he like a dog. He’ll talk (expletive). He’ll, like, rough you up. He’ll get up into you. You better watch out for that boy because he is nice. He next — I’m telling you.”

Kevin Durant know what's up.

Book's a killer.People let the light skinned/kid from the 6th Sense face fool them.

He's nasty.Psychologically, he's wired like Kobe & Mike.

They can call him a poor man's Ray Allen now, but he's only 20.

5-6 yrs from now, they'll be calling another up & coming player a poor man's Devin Booker.

70 at 20....unprecedented:wow:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:gucci:22/5 isn't exactly 29/11

Come on man, at least TRY to look a little deeper in the box score. :francis:

Roy played in a slower era on literally the slowest team in the entire NBA. He got every bit of that shyt working in the halfcourt on limited possessions.

Harden piled up stats by running up and down the court like crazy in an era that's gotten much faster. A lot of his stats are inflated as a result.

And Roy is FAR more efficient than Harden.

Look at it by 100 possessions.

Roy in 2009 was averaging 34 and 8 for every 100 possessions on 48% shooting (38% from three) with just 3 turnovers/game.

Harden in 2017 was averaging 38 and 15 for every 100 possessions on 44% shooting (35% from three) with 8 turnovers/game.

And Roy's stats came way tougher because they ran less and had fewer shooters to open the floor.

How much good is 4 extra points per 100 possessions doing if you're shooting 4 percentage points worse to get it?

How good is 7 extra assists per 100 possessions if it comes with 5 extra turnovers?

Even more apparent in playoffs.

Roy averaged 39 and 4 per 100 possessions on 46% shooting and 47% from three, still with 3 turnovers per 100.

Harden averaged 38 and 11 per 100 possessions on ugly 41% shooting and 28% from three, and 7 turnovers per 100.

And the Blazers only had 1 other guy who could score in double-figures as was facing a strong defensive team that was starting prime Artest, Battier, and Yao.

While Harden should have been able to stat-pad against the Thunder and then the Spurs who were missing Kawhi for games.

If I want a title team, I'm taking 2009 Roy before I take 2017 Harden.