Red Sparrow (Jennifer Lawrence , Joel Edgerton Spy Thriller (Trailer)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Studios like 'If Marvel won't make a Black Widow solo movie, we will'.:yeshrug:

What's funny is that if you read the Coli for the past 6 months, you'd think this type of film wasn't viable. It's already reached epic levels of buzz on Tumblr, just like WW did before it hatched. It just pisses me off that solo female action films don't get hyped or inspire confidence UNTIL they drop and make money. Same with toys and t-shirts. People are missing out on MAJOR coins because they underestimate the female nerd fan base. Gawd, I wish I had enough money do to d a start up for merchandising some of this shyt.

Anyway, if Marvel had listened to fans, they would have gotten the jump on this a long time ago. But they slept on it, oh well.

Jennifer Lawrence's 'Red Sparrow' Is The Black Widow Movie You've Always Wanted

Jennifer Lawrence's 'Red Sparrow' Is The Black Widow Movie You've Always Wanted

by Jenna Anderson | September 16, 2017

Jennifer Lawrence (the X-Men franchise's Mystique) as Dominika Egorova, a former ballerina who is trained in seduction and manipulation by a Russian spy program. She eventually becomes the best "Sparrow" to graduate the program, and has to wrestle with her newfound power while targeting an American CIA agent.

While that might not completely match the origin story of Marvel's Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), it's pretty hard to deny their similarities. Granted, Red Sparrow appears to take things in a grittier, nihilistic direction, but it certainly displays the blueprints of what a Black Widow solo movie could be.

Black Widow's origin - particularly her days in the 'Red Room' - have already been hinted at in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Fans got the biggest dose of it in Avengers: Age of Ultron, when a vision brought on by Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) caused Natasha to relive her trauma from the training program. But the presentation of that storyline didn't sit well with everyone, especially when coupled with the damsel in distress romantic storyline Natasha had with Bruce Banner/Hulk (Mark Ruffalo). An anecdote about her backstorywas to be included in Captain America: Civil War, but was ultimately cut for time.

Nevertheless, fans haven't given up hope that a Black Widow solo movie could be made. Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has said that a Black Widowmovie "would be fun", but it would be best suited outside of Marvel's Phase 3 slate. Johansson echoed this earlier this year, blaming the lack of a solo film on "a case of timing." But if Red Sparrow becomes a success when it hits theaters next year, maybe the timing right for Black Widow to step into the spotlight.

Daps
hmmm. This may be good. The director looks too old for her to fukk.
I am not sure about the release date being in March. Is that typical for a grade A movie actress movie release date?

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
I’m a sucker for spy movies like James Bond, Kingsmans, Mission Impossible, etc.. so this prolly a first day watch me. Worst come to worst we get to see J Law get raw :ehh: