Red Dead Redemption 2 is quite possibly the most boring game I've ever played

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Played this shyt once last year, started a second playthrough yesterday, just got to Horseshoe Overlook and uninstalled the game. Y'all dudes who put this game on a pedestal because of nostalgia goggles or because it played better on Xbox One X than the PS4 Pro or whatever bizarre reason y'all have for stanning this game need to get R* 's dizzack out of your mouths and just admit this game is tedious as fukk

/ end rant

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
One of those games i will never ever replay.
Buying this game digitally is what convinced me to buy a PS5 with a disc drive. I'm really mad I couldn't sell RDR2 while it was still going for $45. Never again will I cop digital games day 1.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game is too demanding for consoles, plus Rock Star controls are always terrible

Prime example how frame rate drastic improves games when I first got a gaming PC first comparison I made was mass effect andromeda compared the PS4 PRO version, and it was like a whole new game, the frame rate and high response time made the combat enjoyable and playing the game a lot less tedious

Even at 60fps the game is still choppy and stiff, Rockstar games have terrible animations, you need DLSS on PC just to make the game enjoyable

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Game is too demanding for consoles, plus Rock Star controls are always terrible

Prime example how frame rate drastic improves games when I first got a gaming PC first comparison I made was mass effect andromeda compared the PS4 PRO version, and it was like a whole new game, the frame rate and high response time made the combat enjoyable and playing the game a lot less tedious

Even at 60fps the game is still choppy and stiff, Rockstar games have terrible animations, you need DLSS on PC just to make the game enjoyable

I played this on PC at 60 fps and it's more than just the framerate, Rockstar deliberately slowed character movement and made it seem like Arthur is walking underwater. This one aspect alone, if fixed, would make the game exponentially better. As it stands, I can't recommend anyone spend ten minutes tapping 'X' to walk from one end of the campsite to the other (because for some reason you can't run in your camp). fukk Rockstar.

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
TBH those first 2/3 hours were boring af and felt like a chore but you literally haven't even played the game lol. Getting to Horseshoe Overlook means you've only just finished the prologue/tutorial. Haven't unlocked guns, new gameplay, new locations, extra characters, haven't experienced any of the open world fukkery.

So many people missed out on a good game because they have the attention span of an 8 year old. If they're not flying through the air and shooting people up immediately after loading in then they call it boring and quit.

Judge a 40+ hour game on the first 2 hours, brehs.