Recommend me a good Scotch or Whiskey ( Hard Liquor thread.)

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
glenlivet-caribbean-reserve.jpeg

This is pretty damn good and the price is $35.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
@Copy Ninja I'm in Oregon taking advantage of the no sales tax stocking up a little. I got another Lagavulin 16, Caol Ila 12 and a Laphroaig 10 to see if it really tastes like a band-aid. :lolbron:

Laphroaig is an 'acquired' taste :heh:

Could leave you with :scust:then :pacspit:

Can't go wrong with Lagavulin 16.

Oban 14 is good too. Reasonably priced. Smooth.

Talisker 10 is one of the best value imo. Another smooth drink.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Laphroaig is an 'acquired' taste :heh:

Could leave you with :scust:then :pacspit:

Can't go wrong with Lagavulin 16.

Oban 14 is good too. Reasonably priced. Smooth.

Talisker 10 is one of the best value imo. Another smooth drink.
It sounds horrible but I have to try it. I can't wait. :heh:

Heard good things about Talisker. Have you had Highland Park 12 or 18?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It sounds horrible but I have to try it. I can't wait. :heh:

Heard good things about Talisker. Have you had Highland Park 12 or 18?

The first time I tried Cask Strength Laphroaig 10 I had MAJOR buyer's remorse after the first glass. :scusthov::scust::why:

After the 2nd glass it was my favorite whisky. :feedme:

This is the Cask Strength (i.e. Overproof) version I'm talking about. When I first tried it I was already used to the "regular" strength Laphroaig 10.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The first time I tried Cask Strength Laphroaig 10 I had MAJOR buyer's remorse after the first glass. :scusthov::scust::why:

After the 2nd glass it was my favorite whisky. :feedme:

This is the Cask Strength (i.e. Overproof) version I'm talking about. When I first tried it I was already used to the "regular" strength Laphroaig 10.
I gotta my way up to that Cask Strength stuff. Heard that shyt is like drinking fire. :wow:

Gonna try this Laphroaig in a little bit. People's descriptions of it on Reddit have me :dead:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
@Copy Ninja @KalKal Laphroaig wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Maybe I'm used to scotch enough after drinking Lagavulin 16 that Laphroaig didn't really hit me in a :scust: way. Don't get me wrong, it was like somebody put out a cigarette on my tongue and made me wash it down with asphalt. It's straight peat, even the aftertaste but I thought it was pretty solid. It's not fukking with Lagavulin but I'm curious about the other varieties now. In the future I might try out the other ones. :ehh:

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
@Copy Ninja @KalKal Laphroaig wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Maybe I'm used to scotch enough after drinking Lagavulin 16 that Laphroaig didn't really hit me in a :scust: way. Don't get me wrong, it was like somebody put out a cigarette on my tongue and made me wash it down with asphalt. It's straight peat, even the aftertaste but I thought it was pretty solid. It's not fukking with Lagavulin but I'm curious about the other varieties now. In the future I might try out the other ones. :ehh:

It makes sense Laga 16 is peaty and you enjoy it.

Ardbeg 10 is also peaty and price is reasonable (around $60).

I heard Talisker 18 is preferred drink for people who enjoy peaty scotch but I haven't tried and for $160 I'm not buying on peaty scotch:lolbron:

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
Angels Envy
Tincup American Whiskey
Any Japanese Whiskey/Suntory
Woodsford Reserve Malt.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

:yeshrug:

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Good whiskey for an office party?

I keep hearing Four roses, Elijah would be good.

I was thinking ... Monkey Shoulder