Recession of 2020? It’s actually a Great Depression

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
This one will probably be due to shadow banking. I read an article a year or two ago in Foreign Affairs about the dangers of shadow banking and how it could lead to another great recession.

Yep. There was a planet money episode on the corporate debt market ballooning in the past couple years or so. The regulations for who qualified for loans were non-existent. You get denied from one lender? Ok, just go to another. Getting capital was as easy as plucking a blade of grass from the field.

I think this is why we saw CEOs from the round-table revisit the long held belief of what a corporation is meant to be; not just driven by profit and shareholder value but to be an engine for good in the broader community. They're copping pleas early.

Let's see how this all pans out. I might even start going old school and just keep some cash in a safe in my house.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Unlike the 2007 recession where there was a fundamental flaw in the housing system which exposed the broader economy to a lot of bad housing debt, we don't know (at least for now) if this is the same case. The hysteria of a coming recession might lead us into one as people start selling.

A recession is coming, no doubt, that's part of economics cycles, but as of yet, there hasn't been a single canary in the coal mine as an indicator of what will go bust.

Personally, I think corporate debt might be the "one" for this recession. Student loans will probably be the following one.

Just my personal take though.
I see.

Do u think housing will be affected?

I’m looking to buy and wondering if I should wait

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I see.

Do u think housing will be affected?

I’m looking to buy and wondering if I should wait

I'm not in real-estate but I don't think housing will be affected like last time. Like with all major decisions only buy once your ready. You may want to give yourself a 3-6 month buffer to feel out the market.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Unlike the 2007 recession where there was a fundamental flaw in the housing system which exposed the broader economy to a lot of bad housing debt, we don't know (at least for now) if this is the same case. The hysteria of a coming recession might lead us into one as people start selling.

A recession is coming, no doubt, that's part of economics cycles, but as of yet, there hasn't been a single canary in the coal mine as an indicator of what will go bust.

Personally, I think corporate debt might be the "one" for this recession. Student loans will probably be the following one.

Just my personal take though.
It's likely going to be a combination of corporate debt, auto loan debt (car loan delinquencies and defaults are at a 20 yr high) + student debt + these dumbass tariffs

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i cant lie, ive situated myself to absolutely fukking feast on a recession. im either getting a cheap condo or a massive amount of cheap stocks

not that i would wish hardship on the country, but if the shyt is inevitable then :yeshrug::mjlit:

and at least it's happening now before this fukking idiot has to run for re-election. the "trump economy" is finished

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
People thought this was gonna happen in 2021. My, my, my.......how everything changes. :sas2: