Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
d8tMqXD.jpg

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps

How much time have you spent playing this new Guitar Hero? What are your thoughts on it, especially in terms of the new button scheme they have? I wish I lived in America where I could demo this shyte and I pretty much cancelled my orders after I noticed the poppy sounding setlist for Guitar Hero Live and no online play for Rockband.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
How much time have you spent playing this new Guitar Hero? What are your thoughts on it, especially in terms of the new button scheme they have? I wish I lived in America where I could demo this shyte and I pretty much cancelled my orders after I noticed the poppy sounding setlist for Guitar Hero Live and no online play for Rockband.
I've only played guitar hero for a day. It's fukking hard as hell with the new button layout. The track list is a let down, but you have ghtv with a ton of different songs. The new layout is a challenge and it's hard to get used to. I expect it'll take me a full week to even get the hang of it. The way it's presented on screen, with black and white tabs, is confusing at first.

I like that they tried something new though. It's like a whole new way of playing. Rock Band 4 is the exact same game as Rock Babd 1, 2, and, 3. It's cool all my dlc transferred over though. I got like a 250 song track list.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I've only played guitar hero for a day. It's fukking hard as hell with the new button layout. The track list is a let down, but you have ghtv with a ton of different songs. The new layout is a challenge and it's hard to get used to. I expect it'll take me a full week to even get the hang of it. The way it's presented on screen, with black and white tabs, is confusing at first.

I like that they tried something new though. It's like a whole new way of playing. Rock Band 4 is the exact same game as Rock Babd 1, 2, and, 3. It's cool all my dlc transferred over though. I got like a 250 song track list.

I was wavering between buying both of them at one time like you did, to choosing Rockband but after playing owning 2 Rockband Guitars, the first's strum bar broke down within a week of me playing it and the second just not giving that responsive, rhythmic click you'd get using a redoctane Guitar Hero guitar, I've avoided these RB Guitars all together.......and the adapter doesn't work with wired Guitars so I'd have to buy someone's old over priced abused one off of Ebay and possibly get a lemon.

How long did it take you to transfer over your DLC list? I've got somewhere in the ballpark of 500 or so songs from Rockbands 1 2 and 3 along with a ton of DLC and I heard it can be a pretty labor intensive process with having to track each song and the like. Plus not being able to play them online pretty much makes this a standalone game for me since my friend's list is PACKED with people I befriended just to play Rockband.

Guitar Hero seemed like the best alternative but that new button scheme looks like it might be fun enough to tackle and learn, especially when you get profeccient enough to play on Expert like I do but with a weak tracklist and that GHTV thing limiting the amount of times you can play songs based off of the ingame currency has me a bit iffy in spending on that as well because I'd like to avoid Micros transactions that won't give me songs, just a finite amount of tokens for me to use on 'em.

Forgive me if I'm bothering you, but I'd rather get feedback from an actual human being as opposed to all the reviews I've been pouring through as of late that might touch briefly on aspects of each series that I'd like to know about. Cheers for answering the first time, man. Appreciate it.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I was wavering between buying both of them at one time like you did, to choosing Rockband but after playing owning 2 Rockband Guitars, the first's strum bar broke down within a week of me playing it and the second just not giving that responsive, rhythmic click you'd get using a redoctane Guitar Hero guitar, I've avoided these RB Guitars all together.......and the adapter doesn't work with wired Guitars so I'd have to buy someone's old over priced abused one off of Ebay and possibly get a lemon.

How long did it take you to transfer over your DLC list? I've got somewhere in the ballpark of 500 or so songs from Rockbands 1 2 and 3 along with a ton of DLC and I heard it can be a pretty labor intensive process with having to track each song and the like. Plus not being able to play them online pretty much makes this a standalone game for me since my friend's list is PACKED with people I befriended just to play Rockband.

Guitar Hero seemed like the best alternative but that new button scheme looks like it might be fun enough to tackle and learn, especially when you get profeccient enough to play on Expert like I do but with a weak tracklist and that GHTV thing limiting the amount of times you can play songs based off of the ingame currency has me a bit iffy in spending on that as well because I'd like to avoid Micros transactions that won't give me songs, just a finite amount of tokens for me to use on 'em.

Forgive me if I'm bothering you, but I'd rather get feedback from an actual human being as opposed to all the reviews I've been pouring through as of late that might touch briefly on aspects of each series that I'd like to know about. Cheers for answering the first time, man. Appreciate it.
It took me a while to transfer over my dlc list. I did it one by one, because the auto transfer missed some tracks. I still haven't figured out how to transfer over rock band 1 and 2 tracks yet (I think you need to transfer them over on a 360, and mine is in a box hidden somewhere in a closet) My dlc is good enough though. I have like a 250 track set list now.

The guitar hero guitar is better than the cheap rock band one they always use (which is weird cuz rock band cost more). I kinda hate the rock band guitar. I wish I could use an old guitar hero one, as I like the buttons better, but what are you gonna do? I'll get used to it again. Going back and forth between rock band and guitar hero live is weird. The guitars are so different with the button layout.

Bottom line: Rock band has a lot more songs and transferring old dlc is nice, but it's more of the same (almost exactly the same). Guitar hero live is a new challenge, but it takes some getting used to. If I had to buy one, I'd get rock band 4, cuz there are more songs. But if you want a new challenge get guitar hero live.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Ordered this 1TB HD for my PS4. Ordered it Thursday and got it today. This shyt got here fast as fukk. :ohhh:It was scheduled to be here next week. This is another reason why I'm hesitant to get Amazon Prime since I usually get stuff early using standard shipping anyway:yeshrug:

Fckumeen

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Over There...
Ordered this 1TB HD for my PS4. Ordered it Thursday and got it today. This shyt got here fast as fukk. :ohhh:It was scheduled to be here next week. This is another reason why I'm hesitant to get Amazon Prime since I usually get stuff early using standard shipping anyway:yeshrug:

If youre gonna upgrade the PS4 HD you shoulda went for the 2tb.