Recent Gaming Trends You Hate

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Battle royale
It's been fukk Fortnite and BR since all of my skins dissipated in nowhere. Microtransactions, Battle Royale and games being released in chunks needs to GTFO.
My OG gamers get in here, what are some new (relatively, lets say the past 5-10 years) gaming trends you fukking hate.

My main ones are:
  • People complaining about games that aren't over 20 hours long being too short and not worth the money.
  • Sports games being straight awful and EA having a monopoly.
  • Nobody giving a fukk about entire genres like flying games, platformers, racers and fighting games any more - everything having being either an RPG or an action game.
  • Not enough arcadey stuff, too much focus on realism.
Add on. I've been gaming since the mid-90s for reference.
A lot of people don't play fighters because its too difficult, its the antithesis of peoples mindset these days.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I hate games that get dumbed down so random casuals can play instead of just catering to the highly skilled and the loyalists to the franchise.

Shoehorning multiplayer on everything

Announcing games years in advance instead of announcing games when production is at least 95% complete

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
I am fine with 20-30 hour games . I beat Assassins creed origins three weeks ago I am burnout from all the leveling up.

Open world games that don’t have open world missions. Remember early GTA games you could do mission almost anyway you wanted. Kill enemies early before the mission popped off.

Chase scenes that don’t let you catch the person early.

Removal of cheat codes. That adds to the fun of a game once it was beaten.

DLC that doesn’t add to single story ahem ahem Rockstar

Open world with buildings you can’t enter just a pet peeve but hell I am will to sacrifice graphics for content just to see how it turns out

Also how do we still have games with shytty car mechanics ?