Recent Gaming Trends You Hate

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Open world. I really wish games would go for more sandbox style, linear esque design.

something like sekiro was perfect for me.
I like being able to explore and find secret passages items bosses etc with out feeling like I’m just wondering around a big open map with tons of filler space in between reach main story location.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I love good open world games, but so many games have gone open world amd suffered for it. Every game doesn't need to be open world. A good Linear game is still a good game! Everything in moderation. It's gotten saturated and every developer can't craft engaging worlds. Stop trying to be R* & Bethesda.

Knuckledgragging, neanderthal "anti-SJW" snowflakes who mask their disdain for "others" under the guise of disliking "forced diversity" have always been around, but they seriously need to be put out of their misery at this point, as social media has given a voice to those who should be voiceless. 99% of games released (especially AAA) feature generic, white male protagonist and are the standard across the board, and these belligerent, insecure fakkits cry about the 1% that don't. "Anti-SJWs" have become worse than "SJWs." The cure is much worse than the disease ever was. In an ideal world, they'd make good on their threats to walk away from gaming because the inclusion of black men and homosexuals as main characters in their video games facilitates "white genocide," but they won't because unfortunately, gaming is all they have. Their inability to procreate does much more to fuel the genocide of their gene pool, but it's much more comforting to blame Ellie. :yeshrug:
Repped

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I love good open world games, but so many games have gone open world amd suffered for it. Every game doesn't need to be open world. A good Linear game is still a good game! Everything in moderation. It's gotten saturated and every developer can't craft engaging worlds. Stop trying to be R* & Bethesda.
This the most.

But also like @Grand Conde said, lack of diversity of genres.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
The worst shyt is games as a live service. We are going to see a Netflix/Hulu/HBO max style plans for gaming. Oh you want to play the new 2K24? It’s exclusive to insert name of game streaming service

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Definitely open world games that have no reason to be open world games. Just an excuse to not actually design interesting levels and just build a whole game around 'go to that location that takes 5 minutes to travel to and shoot some enemies, then go to another location 3 minutes away to fight the boss'.

Another trend I hate is folks not liking a certain genre of style of games so they call them garbage. Something's not for you, that's fine. But that doesn't mean the game is garbage. I'll never get why people act so goddamn jealous like every game has to be tailored exactly to what you'd like from a game.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
i miss the ps2/gc/xbox era when mechanics were less streamlined. for example back then in a 3rd person action game with gunplay pretty much every game would have a different mechanic.

now it seems like everything is over the shoulder - which works better than most of the old systems did but is less interesting.

the overuse of waypoints as opposed to making the level design reflect where youre supposed to go (Valve does this well).

too many games feel the need to have a deep lore. this felt especially ridiculous in doom eternal. not every game needs to be metroid prime or dark souls

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
  • Games that are essentially 50%+ filler. This is pretty much modern rpg gaming in a nutshell.
  • How games are reviewed. Games are either complete shyt or 10/10 especially AAA games. Nothing is allowed just be mid. Valid Critique is somehow associate people not liking something.
  • I'mma get shyt for this but, Dark Soul Clones. I want more games in the realm of Yakuza and DMC that are rewarding and stylistic.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
  • Games that are essentially 50%+ filler. This is pretty much modern rpg gaming in a nutshell.
  • How games are reviewed. Games are either complete shyt or 10/10 especially AAA games. Nothing is allowed just be mid. Valid Critique is somehow associate people not liking something.
  • I'mma get shyt for this but, Dark Soul Clones. I want more games in the realm of Yakuza and DMC that are rewarding and stylistic.
if you compare industry video game criticism from the late 90s/early 00s to now everything has become so oversimplified and vague.

and i think from is the only company that does the souls format well. those games are frustrating enough as it is i dont want to play second-tier clones of that style