Recent Gaming Trends You Hate

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My OG gamers get in here, what are some new (relatively, lets say the past 5-10 years) gaming trends you fukking hate.

My main ones are:
  • People complaining about games that aren't over 20 hours long being too short and not worth the money.
  • Sports games being straight awful and EA having a monopoly.
  • Nobody giving a fukk about entire genres like flying games, platformers, racers and fighting games any more - everything having being either an RPG or an action game.
  • Not enough arcadey stuff, too much focus on realism.
Add on. I've been gaming since the mid-90s for reference.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
—micro transactions

—every game now having mini-RPG elements

I agree w/ your point about realism as well...I think that’s why I enjoyed the switch as much as I did this gen...a lot of the games were flat out fun...I truly appreciate games like RDR2 and TLOU2 but I wouldn’t classify them as “fun”...they can be extremely intense albeit valuable gaming experiences

Last edited:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I love good open world games, but so many games have gone open world amd suffered for it. Every game doesn't need to be open world. A good Linear game is still a good game! Everything in moderation. It's gotten saturated and every developer can't craft engaging worlds. Stop trying to be R* & Bethesda.

Knuckledgragging, neanderthal "anti-SJW" snowflakes who mask their disdain for "others" under the guise of disliking "forced diversity" have always been around, but they seriously need to be put out of their misery at this point, as social media has given a voice to those who should be voiceless. 99% of games released (especially AAA) feature generic, white male protagonist and are the standard across the board, and these belligerent, insecure fakkits cry about the 1% that don't. "Anti-SJWs" have become worse than "SJWs." The cure is much worse than the disease ever was. In an ideal world, they'd make good on their threats to walk away from gaming because the inclusion of black men and homosexuals as main characters in their video games facilitates "white genocide," but they won't because unfortunately, gaming is all they have. Their inability to procreate does much more to fuel the genocide of their gene pool, but it's much more comforting to blame Ellie. :yeshrug:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Knuckledgragging, neanderthal "anti-SJW" snowflakes who mask their disdain for "others" under the guise of disliking "forced diversity" have always been around, but they seriously need to be put out of their misery at this point, as social media has given a voice to those who should be voiceless. 99% of games released (especially AAA) feature generic, white male protagonist and are the standard across the board, and these belligerent, insecure fakkits cry about the 1% that don't. "Anti-SJWs" have become worse than "SJWs." The cure is much worse than the disease ever was. In an ideal world, they'd make good on their threats to walk away from gaming because the inclusion of black men and homosexuals as main characters in their video games facilitates "white genocide," but they won't because unfortunately, gaming is all they have. Their inability to procreate does much more to fuel the genocide of their gene pool, but it's much more comforting to blame Ellie. :yeshrug:

GODDAMN! :ooh:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
My OG gamers get in here, what are some new (relatively, lets say the past 5-10 years) gaming trends you fukking hate.

My main ones are:
  • People complaining about games that aren't over 20 hours long being too short and not worth the money.
  • Sports games being straight awful and EA having a monopoly.
  • Nobody giving a fukk about entire genres like flying games, platformers, racers and fighting games any more - everything having being either an RPG or an action game.
  • Not enough arcadey stuff, too much focus on realism.
Add on. I've been gaming since the mid-90s for reference.

Replace this with stealth

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
I agree with everything posted so far. Micro transaction and incomplete games are the big ones for me.

Also the free to play genre and the Fortnite's of the world are a little disturbing. I have family and friends and their kids that bought an xbox and PS4's just to play Fortnight or Apex and that is all they play and sink hours and a tons of cash to play that single game. They do not have any variety on their games at all.